Pine Run Elementary School
The Fourth Grade Wax Museum
Pine Run Portfolio Conferences
The Rainforest Comes to Pine Run!
Officer Mary McCoy, Special Agent with the Bureau of Investigative Services, shares some eye-opening information about the internet:
- The legal age to have a Facebook account is 13. All children that have a Facebook account under the age of 13 should have the account closed.
- The top 2 modes child predators use to reach victims are:
- Do you know what Formspring is? Snapchat? If not, get to know them. These sites are not appropriate for anyone.
- Students should pledge to keep personal information safe. Personal information includes name, age, address, school name, picture, and phone number.
- There are legal ramifications for cyber bullying and for posting inappropriate materials online.
- Items, pictures, and comments posted to social media outlets or sent through an electronic device are permanent.
- If kids feel they are the victim of cyber bullying, they should turn off their device and bring the device to a trusted adult.
- Children should be encouraged to talk to their parents, teachers, or other trusted adults if they feel they have been the victim of cyber bullying.
For more valuable information regarding internet safety visit the PA Attorney General’s Office website.
Dates That Rate: May
2 8:45 AM Gr. 6 PEN Trip-Law Day (Doylestown)
3 9:00 AM Gr. 2 field trip to Peace Valley Park
3 7:35 AM Band Rehearsal – Gym
3 Spirit Day – Wear Pine Run Gear
7 7:30 AM Orchestra Rehearsal – Gym
7 Staff Appreciation Day
8 The Dome Theater
10 7:35 AM Band Rehearsal – Gym
10 9:30 AM PEN Invention Convention
10 9:45 AM AM Kindergarten Mother’s Day Tea
10 1:45 PM PM Kindergarten Mother’s Day Tea
14 7:30 AM Orchestra Rehearsal – Gym
14 6:30 PM New Kindergarten Parent Orientation
14 7:30 PM School Board Meeting
15 9:00 AM Sixth Grade Orientation – Tohickon
17 7:35 AM Band Rehearsal - Gym
17 Spirit Day – Crazy Hat Day
20 9:15 AM Gr. 6F/6M Clean Stream (Peace Valley)
21 7:30 AM Orchestra Rehearsal - Gym
21 9:15 AM Gr. 6T Clean Stream (Peace Valley)
21 7:00 PM Pine Run Band/Strings Spring Concert - Unami
22 9:00 AM Pine Run Band/Strings Assembly
23 9:00 AM Gr. 3 PEN Trip-Doylestown Walking Tour
27 MEMORIAL DAY / SCHOOL HOLIDAY
28-30 7:45-8:15 AM Breakfast With Books
28-31 Spring Book Fair
28 7:30 PM School Board Meeting
29 Rain date Gr. 3 PEN Trip to Doylestown31 Field Day
Dates That Rate: June
5 Gr. 6 Trip to Lincoln Financial Field/Phillies
7 Gr. 4 Trip to DaVinci Science Center
7 9:00 AM Kindergarten Trip to Merrymead Farm
11 Field Day Rain Date
11 7:30 PM School Board Meeting
13 8:45 AM Gr. 5 Trip to Constitution Center, Phila.
14 7:45 AM Boomerang Breakfast
17 9:30-10:30 AM Move-Up Day (All K students attend in AM)
17 6:30 PM Sixth Grade Promotion Ceremony at Tohickon (Arrival time 6:00-6:15 PM)
18 Last Day for AM Kindergarten
19 11:55 AM Early Dismissal/End of 4th Marking Period/Last Day of School/PLEASE NOTE: PM Kindergarten attends in AM and Kindergarten dismissal is 11:10 AM
Central Bucks Board Briefs
At the April 23, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Tamanend Jazz Band performance before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. Kovnot’s 1st grade Jamison class.
2. Heard the Academic Spotlight about “Training Peer Mentors”. This is a video created by Lindsay Smith and Renee McErlean, teachers at Bridge Valley Elementary School, along with their students, demonstrate what they have learned about Autism and what they have learned about being a friend.
3. Heard the Superintendent’s Report, Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, IU Board, and MBIT Committee Reports.
4. Approved the School Board Minutes.
5. Approved the Treasurer’s Report.
6. Approved the Resolution for the 2013-2014 Proposed Final Budget. The proposed
final budget for 2013-2014 is $290,683,982. There will be a “zero” increase in Real
Estate Taxes for the 2013-2014 school year. The school board will take action on
the final budget adoption at the May 28 meeting.
7. Ratified the transfer of $23 million from the General Fund to the Debt Service Fund.
8. Approved Purchasing Items for the following subject areas: General Teaching, General Art, Secondary Art, Physical Education, Science, Tech Ed General Hardware, Team Sports Supplies.
9. Approved Construction Contracts as follows: Emergency generator at the Ed Services Center to Pinnacle Electrical Construction - $262,400, Roofing replacement at the Ed Services Center to Laurant Construction Co. - $199,695, Roofing repairs and installation of a new single ply membrane at the Transportation Annex to Union Roofing Contractors - $98,000
10. Tabled School Board Policies Use of Medications and Electronic Signatures so that
the proposed policies can be posted on the CBSD website for public review.
11. Approved School Board Policy 902-1 – Cable Television.
12. Approved various personnel items and student trips.
13. Received a Sabbatical Leave of Absence as an information item.