May 20-30, 2013
Our final theme of the school year is DINOSAURS. The children had a great time with this theme earlier in the school year and we have had requests from some of the students to bring out one of my puppets, Tony the Tyrannosaurus Rex. We thought what a great theme to end a fantastic school year!
Working on identifying numbers and understanding different number concepts.
The state dinosaur of Colorado.
Our Web of Fun
Thanks Ms, Stephie for planning such a great activity! The children enjoyed being the characters from the story.
- We will finalize our review of letters and their sounds with letters Vv-Zz.
- We finalize our number review with numbers 7-10.
- Cooperative Play
- Classroom Participation
- Label different dinosaurs-Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Brontosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Velociraptor, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Pterodactyl.
- Following directions embedded with concepts
- Following through with a task until completed
- Waiting your turn
- Demonstrating fine motor skills-correct grasp on writing utensil, cutting along a line, creating letter approximations
- Commenting and giving details that are on topic
- Visual Discrimination
- Print Awareness
Spinning a Web
We had a great time with Ms. Stephie spinning a web like The Busy Spider.
We're excited to learn more about dinosaurs!
Have a great time playing with friends!
- Visit the Indianapolis Children's Museum. The Dinosphere is wonderful place to expand your child's interest in dinosaurs. You can also visit the Dinosphere at the Indianapolis Children's Museum website, http://www.childrensmuseum.org/
- You can also visit www.pbskids.org. This website has numerous activities involving characters from PBS children's shows. There is a show called Dinosaur Train and on this website it has activities that address not only the topic of dinosaurs but also other developmental skills.
- Use the attached handouts in the e-mail to further reinforce our theme and skills we will work on during the two weeks.
- Go on a dinosaur hunt. Search in your home for a dinosaur, leave clues about different dinosaurs around your home for children to guess which dinosaur you might find. Use flashlights when going on your hunt.
- Use uncooked pasta noodles to create your own dinosaur. The pasta noodles can look like dinosaur bones.
Playing at Blue Station
Thank you parent volunteers!
Velociraptor is a carnivore.
We enjoy having parents visit the classroom!
- Wednesday, 5/22 is our fieldtrip. We will travel to Brooks School Elementary to see the Silly Safari Show.
- Thursday, 5/30 is the last day of school for Early Childhood students.
The HPE Cookbooks are completed and available for purchase. The cost of the cookbooks are $10. Please send in an order form with payment (order
forms attached to newsletter) in an envelope marked with your student’s name, teacher’s name and marked HPE Cookbook to the office. Those who preordered a copy and weren't able to get their copy at Party On the Playground, it will be sent home next week.
Join Fishers Parks & Recreation for
Free Movies at the Nickel Plate
Join Fishers Parks & Recreation and presenting sponsor XFINITY Friday evenings in April and May for free outdoor movies perfect for the whole family at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater, 6 Municipal Drive. Movies begin at dusk. Bring your favorite
snacks and lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy these popular PG movies. Visit
www.fishers.in.us/parks/movies to learn more!
May 17, Brave
May 24, The Pirates: Band of Misfits
May 31, Wreck It Ralph
- Have a WONDERFUL summer!