Happy Valentines Day!
The Groundhog has spoken and we’re in for an early spring. While waiting on the warmer weather, it’s a great time to stay indoors and read! Audio books are a great way for adults and children to experience books at home or on the go. Garland ISD has simulations and parent resource groups coming up soon. Please check the calendar of events for more details.
Quote of the Month
“Dyslexics are round pegs in square holes when it comes to school. We don’t fit that well unless our way of thinking is recognized and supported.”
- Kate Griggs, Founder of Made By Dyslexia
Home Strategies for Students with Dyslexia
Spring is coming and many parents and students alike worry about testing. If you are the parent or teacher of Dyslexic students, make sure their accommodations are being utilized for testing. Receiving the information orally can make a big difference in understanding and scores.
- February 20,- 6:00-8:00pm, Bilingual Simulation- North Garland High School
- March 20, – 6:00-7:00pm, Parent Resource Group Meeting – Sam Houston Middle School
- March 26, 6:00-8:00pm, Experience Dyslexia – Rowlett High School
- April 24, 6:00-8:00, Dyslexia Community Event- South Garland HS
- July 8-26 , Dyslexia Summer Camp (more information coming soon)