Pi Program- Welcome Back To School!
September 27, 2020
Before School Attestation- Complete before coming to your optional "in-person" learning at Pi. Remote students learning from home do not have to complete this form.
Please use this link to fill out your child's attestation before school each day. Filling the form online is preferred, but you can also print it off here and have your child bring it to school with them.
If you have any questions, please contact us here in the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional "In-Person" Learning Time
Dear Pi families,
Even though things are much different this year, we are so excited to be back working with all of you! Welcome Back!
Students are engaging in their Google Classrooms and Meet sessions. Teachers and students are all settling into our new schedules. If you or your student need help setting up a home schedule, please reach out to your teacher consultant or any Pi teacher.
As we transition into this new school year there are many moving parts on campus to make face to face meetings possible. We are working on a slow start model to bring Pi students into the building who would like the opportunity to do so.
Our administration has been meeting with local health officials, and because of those discussions, we have been asked to bring Pi cohorts in on the main campus C Day, Wednesday. This will limit cohort interactions in hallways, bathrooms, lunchrooms, etc. and allow for cleaning in between cohorts. As restrictions are loosened, we hope to transition to the originally proposed schedules.
The slow start approach will bring the elementary group in first, and the MS group will begin the following week. Pi High School students in need of academic support will receive an invite to a Learning Lab session in the following weeks, as well.
Elementary families: We will be starting our in-person option next week, a week later than originally planned. If you are interested in having your child join us Wednesday, Oct 7th, please RSVP via this email so we can get an accurate headcount.
The Pi Team - Thaddeus Jurczynski, Jamie Jensen, Stan Berdinner, Julianne Bonnell & Jason Lynch
Student Arrival Screening (temperature) Station
Drop Off and Pick Up For Pi Students
- Masks and social distancing while waiting for dismissal and arrival are required.
- Use the student attestation to complete the required health screening questions before your child leaves for school.
- Please drop off your child in the morning at the specified times described below. At the start of school, students will transition directly to their classroom with their Pi teacher. There is no before school recess to ensure cohort safety.
- If taking your child to school by car (which is recommended), please use the following drop off times to reduce wait time for before school temperature screenings & after school congestion:
Elementary Arrival - Please drop off at 9:30
Middle School Arrival - Please drop off at 9:40
Elementary Departure - Please pick up at 12:00
Middle School Departure - Please pick up at 12:10
- Parking - Please park in the 15 minute or visitor parking if leaving your car.
- Parking - Please DO NOT park in the red fire zones.
- Patience & Grace Requested -this process is new to everyone. Let's work together to make this process work smoothly.
Masks are required
Access to School Facilities
- Masks are required for all students & staff at school & on the bus unless the exceptions listed from OSPI.
- Visitors may not visit school facilities so we can minimize exposure to our student cohorts.
- If you are needing immediate attention and are on campus (in the parking lot or near school entry), please call the office at 360-302-5855 for assistance and do not proceed directly to the main office.
- Parents and guardians are asked to wait after school in the area near the High School Auditorium and flag pole. Please observe social distancing and wear a mask.
We need your help in carrying out our mission of supporting Chimacum School District children with nutritional meal service for the 20-21 school year. Please fill out this Food Service Questionnaire.
We will be serving school meals in school cafeteria with social distancing for students attending in-person classes and pick up meal bags containing breakfast and lunch will be made available for remote students when they are learning from home.
The Multipurpose building will be the pick up site for all students not in classes. Pick up is 9:00-11:00 AM daily, Monday -Friday for the first month. Beginning in October, multi-day boxes will be available for pick up based on your responses from the questionnaire above.
Pick-up Site - Multipurpose building
Time - 9:00 -11:00 AM
Start Date - Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Note: Please do not pick up meals if your child will be eating in school.
ALL Meals will be provided at no cost to all students through December 31,2020.
Special Note: Please remember to fill out the 20-21 Free/Reduce Application that was mailed to you or download the form from https://www.csd49.org/Content2/48. These applications help our district qualify for programs and receive funding beyond just food service.
Questions: Please contact Director of Food Service Margaret Garrett at email@example.com or 360-302-5807.
About The Pi Program
Chimacum School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
Civil Rights, Title IX, and Section 504 Coordinator
PO Box 278, Chimacum, WA 98325