Lisa "Lysa" Martinelli
Branchburg Board of Education
Vote on November 6 - Polling Locations Changed
I’m asking my Branchburg friends to vote for me on Tuesday for the Board of Education and to ONLY vote for ME. There are 4 candidates for 3 seats so the best way to show your support is to cast only one vote. You ARE NOT required to vote for three candidate. The three other candidates are running as a team which leaves me the outsider and in a difficult position to get elected. Although you can vote for three people a SINGLE vote for only me greatly helps my chances of getting elected. I am taking a big chance by running against three incumbents but my desire to serve on the Board of Education is so great that I am willing to put myself out there. I have never run away from a challenge and I never will especially when it involves CHILDREN and EDUCATION.
New polling locations: District 1 & 3 moved from BCMS and District 4 & 7 moved from Stony Brook to the Municipal Annex on Kenbury Road.
Why should you vote for me? - I have such a strong desire to serve the community as a Board of Education member and the time is now right for me to serve. I will work to:
- ensure that the curriculum teaches to the full education of the students
- be part of the decision making process to ensure decisions are made with the best interests of all Branchburg students in mind
- ensure that programs are geared to preparing students for success during their entire academic career
- increase involvement of residents in educational committees/activities
- develop a program where residents can be more involved in the decisions that are made by the Somerville Board of Education that impact the High School students from Branchburg
I like many other residents want our students to receive a top quality and well-rounded education while being mindful of the cost of education and the impact to taxpayers.