Return to School Plan for Parents
March Special Edition
We are very excited for our revised learning plan that will greatly increase learning time for all students. Additionally, all students will now attend school on the same days. Students will be kept in their cohorts for most of the school day. We will continue to follow the health and safety protocols found in the Return to School Guidelines.
Parents, please keep in mind the importance of using the Student Health Screener each day before sending your child to school. It will be a team effort to ensure the safety of all students. If your child is not feeling well or is sick, they should not attend school. Please use the live link to access the student health screener each day.
There are also several schedule changes listed in the spring calendar below. The changes apply to all K-5, ECSE and K-5 CVVA students. Please read it carefully.
Important Reminders and Mitigation Strategies included in this newsletter:
- Spring Calendar
- The CVS Return-to-School Guidelines
- Student Self-Screener
- Classroom Procedures
- Mask Wearing
- Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- Process for Late Arrival, Early Dismissals, Material Drop-off/Pick-up
- Bus Information
- Food Service Information
- Recess Procedures
Mon., March 8-Teacher Planning Day/No School
Tues., March 9th-Professional Development/No School
Fri., March 12th-AM asynchronous/PM synchronous/NWEA Testing
Fri., March 19th-AM synchronous/PM asynchronous/NWEA Testing
Wed., March 24th-Half Day (AM Schedule)/Evening Virtual Conferences (can be done at home)
Thurs., March 25th-Evening Virtual Conferences (can be done at home)
Fri., March 26th-Half Day (PM Schedule)/Asynchronous learning/NWEA Testing
Thurs., April 1st-Half Day (AM Schedule)
Fri., April 2nd-No School
Fri., April 16th-AM synchronous/PM asynchronous
Wed., May 12th-Teacher Planning Day/No School
Mon., May 31st-Memorial Day/No School
Mon., June 14th-Half Day
Tues., June 15th-Half Day
Return to School Guidelines for Spring
- The Return to School Guidelines have been updated to reflect the most current information from the Macomb County Health Department
- Health and safety policies and procedures that have been in place will continue for the remainder of the school year
This screener needs to be used at home before a student comes to school everyday.
Plan to Return
Students are expected to be present in their class' Teams meeting during the synchronous times. Independent work will be assigned for students in Schoology during asynchronous learning. This includes CVVA
The times alternate (AM/PM) so the same specials classes are not always asynchronous.
- Students will use the same desk everyday
- Desks will be facing the same direction when possible
- Desks and chairs will be sprayed at the end of each school day
- Social distancing will occur wherever it is possible
- All students will have an assigned seat in both the classroom and lunchroom for contact tracing purposes
- Students will also have an assigned seat during their specials class
- Sharing materials is discourage
- Any shared materials will be cleaned after each use
Breakfast and Snack in the Classroom
- Breakfast is free and delivered to the classroom each morning
- Students may have breakfast or snack in the classroom
- Teacher will stagger times for students to eat their snack to ensure the health and safety of all.
- Student masks need to be labeled on the outside with student's name and grade
- Each student has a lanyard (grade-level color specific)😊for their mask
- Staff will provide masks for any student that doesn't have one
- If families/students refuse to wear a mask, we will follow the Code of Conduct/Mohawk's Behavior Matrix/Process
Arrival and Dismissal
To ensure the safety of everyone, we still need to social distance where we can. Therefore, it is imperative that the arrival and dismiss procedures are followed.
- Bus students will be released at 8:24am.
- Parents and students will remain in cars until 8:26am.
- Do NOT drop students off prior to 8:26am.
- Parents will walk their child to the sidewalk. Students are NOT allowed to walk through Do NOT congregate during arrival or dismissal and please wear a mask.
- Times will be staggered for grade levels' arrival and dismissal.
- Students in grades 1st, 3rd, & 4th will line up on the paw prints outside of the front entrance.
- 5th grade and Mr. Szwejk's class will line up in the back of the building near their classrooms.
- Kindergarten students will line up on the paw prints outside the kindergarten back door
- 1/2 Blend and 2nd will line up on the side of the building and use those classrooms' back doors.
- A limited number of safeties will be placed on the outside of the building to ensure students get to their door at arrival and then to the bus at dismissal.
- Staff will also be strategically placed around the building to ensure student safety.
Late Arrivals/Early Dismissals/Dropping Off Items
There is an area set up by the front door buzzer for signing students in/out or dropping off items.
- Materials can be dropped off in the bin or on the table outside by the buzzer
- Families are to stay outside for tardy/late arrival and early pick-up
- You can call the office from your car ahead of time so we can get your child ready
- Students riding the bus are required to wear a mask
- Students will use hand sanitizer before entering the bus
- Students will need to face forward at all times
- Students are assigned a seat for contact tracing purposes
- Families will be seated together
- Busses are disinfected after each group of students
Food Service Plan
In-Person Students: Food service staff are prepared to serve students as quickly as possible. The USDA has approved all students to eat free through June 2021. There will only be one menu option available per day. To help maintain minimal contact, snacks will not be available. Students will be charged for doubles/lunch plus so please make sure you child has money on their lunch card. Cash is also acceptable but we cannot give change so please make sure it is exact. See below for "Send Money To School" directions.
- Breakfast is served to students once they are in the classroom after arrival.
- Please let your child's teacher know if your student will be having breakfast so they are aware.
- Flow of traffic into and out of cafe of students is staggered
- Students will have assigned seats. No more than 4 students will be seated in each section of the table.
- Stickers have been placed on the seats indicating the student's spot.
Friday Meals Available
- Students will need to wash/sanitize their hands before lunch & recess as well as after lunch & recess
- The playground will be broken up into different areas. Classes will be assigned a section per day and the sections will rotate so students have a chance to play on all of the equipment
Clinic and Health Concerns
- Students with a fever will be placed in the isolation room right next to the clinic so they can be monitored
- Parents will be called and students sent home
Water Bottles & Drinking Fountains
- Students can bring water bottles - all bottles must be labeled with student name
- Water fountains in hallways and classrooms are turned off
- Water bottle filling stations can still be used
- Students in grades K-2 will have books available to them in their classrooms
- Books will be changed every two weeks
- Students in grades 3-5 will be able to check out books but only a few students at a time will be allowed in the library
- Birthday treats, food or non-food items, are not allowed
- Please check with your child's teacher about having daily snacks
- Allergies will be considered and families informed, if necessary
Student Movement Around Building
- Arrows/signage are applied to floor around the building to help with social distancing and directional movement
- See building map for details
School Age Child Care (SACC)
- SACC is available to students Monday-Thursday from March 10th-April 16th
- Students in SACC will need to have their temperatures taken daily
- Parents will need to social distance when coming to pick up their student
- SACC will be available 5 days a week beginning April 19th
- Click on the button below to register