August 26, 2019
Wishing all of our Students and Staff a great first full week back to school!
REMINDER! NO SCHOOL, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND - LABOR DAY!
Congratulations to Chief Steve Weirich!
B-C-S Fact Sheet #1
Building Opening Times on School Days
Free and Reduced Meal Applications for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year are available
Free and Reduced Meal Applications for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year are available.
To apply for free/reduced-priced benefits, fill out the online application at:
Payschoolscentral.com or call the Food Service Office at 419-898-6216.
Parents may view student meal account activity and place restrictions on accounts (no credit card required) at: Payschoolscentral.com
We look forward to serving our students the healthy, nutritious, and delicious meals they need to prepare them for each new day of learning. Please direct any questions, comments, or concerns to Vicki Coffman, Food Service Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting the B-C-S Food Service Department.
Looking to view your students meal account activity?
Parents may view student meal account activity and place restrictions on accounts (no credit card required) at PaySchools Central.
District Calendar for B-C-S Local School District for the 2019-2020 School Year!
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
Welcome back students!
Students at RC Waters lined the streets to wish Chief Weirich a happy retirement. Thank you, Chief, for your service to our schools and our community!
Welcome to the Library!
Mrs. Clark will be the librarian at RC Waters this year. The first graders enjoyed playing a game of charades in the library this week.
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
OHMS staff Eager to Kick off the school year!
EMERGENCY AND OTHER FORMS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT HOME WITH STUDENTS ON AUGUST 21ST. PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
IMMUNIZATIONS (REQUIRED FOR 7TH GRADE STUDENTS) SHOULD BE DONE BY SEPTEMBER 12TH. IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED AFTER THAT TIME, PLEASE LET THE OFFICE KNOW.
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
Welcome Back to OHHS!
Ready for another great year at OHHS
Future Ready Rockets!
Our career minded Rockets ready for their first day at PENTA!!
IMPORTANT OHHS DROP OFF & PICK UP INFORMATION!
OHHS Doors Open @ 7:00 a.m. for student drop off. Classes begin @ 8:00 a.m.
Classes end at 2:40 p.m. Building Closes @ 4 p.m.
Student Drivers enter Lot A through drive 1 & 4.
Students Drivers exit HS through drive #4 only!
Parent drivers for student drop off/pick up enter Lot A through drives 1 & 4. Please pull all the way up to alleviate lines on route 163.
Lot B is staff parking and Buses ONLY. No entrance for students and parents between 7:35 – 7:55 and 2:20 – 2:50 p.m.
Drive 2 & 3 NO ENTRANCE. This is bus entrance only during the above hours!
WHATS GOING ON AT PENTA?
WHATS GOING ON AT OUR PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM AT NORTH POINT ESC?
See what our Preschool Classroom is up to at North Point Educational Service Center located at Graytown!
Welcome to Pre-K!
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lady Rockets Golf Win! Tiffin Columbian 198 Oak Harbor 190: Genzman 43, Glaser 47, St. Clair 49, Hayes 51 Nice Job Girls!
- The Girls Varsity Soccer Team traveled to Vermilion and were victorious over the Lady Sailors by the final score of 3-0. Nice job ladies
- Schedule change. Sat Aug. 31 the Freshmen Football team will play at Archbold at 10:00 AM. The JV Football will play at Home at 10:00 AM against Fostoria.
- The JV Boys Soccer Team drops their game vs Hickory by the score of 1-0.
- The Varsity Boys Soccer Team defeats Hickory High School from Pennsylvania by the final score of 3-2. Great game by both teams
- Varsity Volleyball starts with a win in the first set of the second match 27-25. Facing@Mansfield_AD
- It’s all smiles at the start of Norm Bray’s XC meet until you hit “THE HILL!” Go Rockets!
- Rocket Volleyball takes the match against @cgsathletics by winning the third set 25-21 in Varsity action.
- Congratulations to the Lady Rocket Cross Country for being crowned the Div II-III Champions at the Norm Bray Invitational in Fremont. Nice Job Ladies
- The Rocket Boys Golf team defeated Huron 176-176 on a 5th score playoff. Jordan Millinger had the Rockets low score with a 43. Also scoring was Colin Ish 44, Brenen Ish 44, Grant Belcher 45 and Ryan Friar 45. Ryan also carded his 1st career Eagle on hole 5.
- Oak Harbor Girls Shot their lowest round of the year and beat the Lady Fliers at OHGC Oak Harbor 184 Clyde 201: Genzman 41, St. Clair. 46, Glaser 48, Chasteen 49
- Lady Rockets Win again at Fremont CC Oak Harbor 205 Fremont Ross 226 Medalist H. Genzman 44
- The Rocket Varsity Football Team takes on The Bowling Green Bobcats at Rocket Stadium. After the first quarter Oak Harbor leads 14-0
- At SMCC the Rockets lost only first singles winning 4-1 1singles Bias def Arent 6-3, 6-1 2singles Johnson def Parish 7-6 (2), 6-1 3 singles Duquette def Shenago 6-3, 6-0 1doubles LaFountain/Kunkle def Loeffler/Bahnson 6-2, 6-4 2doubles Dedes/ Roziak win 6-3, 6-1
- The Rocket Boys Golf team defeated Danbury 174-200. Grant Belcher carded the low score with a 41.
- The Lady Rocket Tennis Team traveled to Sandusky and defeated St Mary by the final scoreof 4-1.
- Varsity Volleyball close out the night winning the 3rd set 25-20 over the @RossfordAth
- The Boys JV Soccer Team play to a 3-3 tied with Perkins at the Rocket Soccer Complex.
- The Lady Rocket Cross Country Team finished 12th at the Ice Breaker Upper Sandusky Invite. Five lady Rockets had pr's on this course. Top finisher was Hope Sievert 28th in a field of 169 runners.
- The Lady Rocket Varsity Soccer Team drops their game against Lake by the score of 5-1
- The boys’ cross country team finished 11th out of 18 teams at the Upper Sandusky Invite. Clay Winterfield finished 24th in 18:37.
- Lady Rockets golf team get another “W” against Lake HS. Nice Job girls! Delaney Hayes carded a 45 today and was low ball for the team.
- The Jv girls soccer team drops a close game to Van Buren by the score of 3-2
- JV Lady Rockets soccer make it a sweep 4-0 over Norwalk.
- A final from the Rocket Soccer Complex Lady Varsity Rockets Soccer: 7 Norwalk 3! Great start to the season.
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 08/26/2019
Monday, August 26
2:30 PM H HS ~ Girls Golf - Tiffin Columbian
4:30 PM H MS ~ Volleyball - Sandusky
5:00 PM A HS ~ Boys Varsity Soccer - Willard
5:00 PM A HS ~ Girls Varsity Soccer - Vermilion
6:00 PM Board Meeting @ Board Office
6:30 PM A HS ~ Boys JV Soccer - Willard
Tuesday, August 27
HS ~ Girls Golf - Port Clinton @ CIC
4:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Tennis - Tiffin Calvert
4:30 PM A HS ~ Boys Golf - Fremont Ross @ Fremont CC
5:00 PM A HS ~ Volleyball - Toledo CC
Wednesday, August 28
4:00 PM A HS ~ Girls Tennis - Huron
5:00 PM A HS ~ Boys Varsity Soccer - Old Fort
Thursday, August 29
2:00 PM H HS ~ Boys Golf - Edison
4:30 PM A HS ~ Girls Tennis - SJCC
4:30 PM A MS ~ 7th Football - Genoa
5:00 PM H HS ~ Volleyball - Margaretta
5:00 PM A MS ~ Cross Country - Flying Eagle Invite @ Eastwood HS
5:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Varsity Soccer - Wauseon
6:00 PM A MS ~ 8th Football - Genoa
6:30 PM H HS ~ Girls JV Soccer - Bowsher
Friday, August 30
7:00 PM A HS ~ Football - Fostoria
Saturday, August 31
10:00 AM H HS ~ JV Football - Fostoria
10:00 AM H MS ~ Volleyball - Woodmore
10:00 AM A HS ~ 9th Football - Archbold
Monday, September 2
NO SCHOOL ~ Labor Day
B-C-S Alum Highlight Nominations needed!
The Benton-Carroll-Salem School District wishes to highlight the accomplishments of its graduates who reside in our area, the nation, and the world!
The B-C-S Alum Highlight will be featured in the Sampler and in other media throughout our area. We know that Rocket Pride is strong, and so are the accomplishments and contributions of B-C-S alumni.
We look forward to recognizing and honoring the extraordinary individuals who are graduates of Oak Harbor High School.
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.