Benefit the Bald Eagles!
By: Levi Beeler
Bald Eagle Behavior
What is DDT
You might say what is DDT? DDT is a pesticide that was used in the 1970’s for crops. So they put it on corn and beans, and they sprayed it on water so when they went to drink it they would be drinking DDT. They banned DDT but they still use it in gasoline and some insect companies still use it. In the war it is used for body lice, control of malaria, and typhus.
I am saying stop using DDT in gas and bug killers. You can also use something else to get lice out of your hair and off your body. When you drive you give off traces of DDT when your car gives off exhaust and that goes into the air. So I hope you will stop using DDT. Bald Eagles are important to the ecosystem because they eat snakes mice and fish. They keep the fish contained in lakes and mice because snakes do not eat a lot of mice. Mice would start to come into the city if the mice were not contained.
He is putting DDT on crops.
Crops being sprayed with DDT
DDT cans and spray bottles.
The spray bottles are sprayed into kids hair for lice.
What could DDT do to eggs?
Bald Eagles going down!
Saving this species is important!
- Bald Eagles can travel up to 100 miles per hour well diving.
- Bald Eagles are the national bird of the U.S.A.
- Bald Eagles can live to be 20 years old.
- Bald Eagles nests can sometimes weigh as much as 1 ton!
- Bald Eagles are not bald even though it is in the name.
- Female Bald Eagles are bigger than male Bald Eagles.