The Manning Weekly Newsletter
May 17, 2019
We made it to the last week of school - and truly, it's only three and a half days. I hope our students can find the time to reflect back on this school year and be proud of their accomplishments. The truth is, under our teachers' care, they have each done a lot. All 675 of our students are in a better position now than they were in August. I have literally seen many of our students physically grow a few inches. Perhaps more importantly, we can look at our MAP scores to see that our students have grown academically, in addition to physically! It has been a joy working with your children this year - thank you for sharing them with us!
We hope to see many of you at continuation on Thursday. Have a great weekend.
David / Mr. Luongo
Last Day of School
We will walk the 8th graders over to the park once we are done with continuation rehearsal.
8th graders, on the last day of school, you probably want to bring:
- sun block
- outdoor equipment (balls/frisbees, etc)
- money for Kona Ice food truck
If you would like to sit on the same side of the gym as where your student is, refer to the seating charts below.
The green chart will be the left half of the gym.
The yellow chart will be the right half of the gym.
- All shirts must cover the midsection of the body and entire torso including the back. No visible cleavage is permitted.
- All skirts, dresses and shorts must be fingertip length or longer.
- Tops must have shoulder straps that are no less than 2 inches in width. Racer tops are not permitted.
- Shirts/Tops must not have arm holes that fall more than 2 inches below the armpit.
Congratulations to all our musicians who performed this week! Guitar, Band, Orchestra, and Choirs
Message from the PTA
Support Manning as You Shop on Amazon
Did you know that there is an easy way to support Manning while doing something you're probably already doing - shopping on Amazon! It's easy!
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice - choose Manning PTA!
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support Manning by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com and and follow the directions to link your account to support Manning PTA.
Hands On Connection to Literature
In PE, Students Choreographed Dances in a New Unit
Interested in Being a Sub Here at Manning?
Looking for a flexible job? Looking for extra spending money? Looking to set your own hours?
Manning Middle School is looking for you.
Check out www.cde.state.co.us for further information. If you do become a teacher sub or a para sub please contact Shannon Haas so that you can be added to our Manning sub Priority list.
Follow Manning on Instagram! username- manningschool
Please follow us on facebook, too! @themanningschooljeffco
Reminder to Utilize Tutor Time in the Morning 7:50 - 8:15
- Monday - Math or Electives
- Tuesday - Math or English or 6th Grade Science
- Wednesday - Math or Social Studies
- Thursday - Math or Science
- Friday - Math
This past Wednesday, our teachers met in grade level teams to plan out what our last day of school looks like.
At Manning, we strive to live our core values every day.
- Mrs. Ritschard has helped all of her students in math. In my math class Mrs. Ritschard is always trying to make sure we understand the concept being taught. She stays with us even when our class gets a little rowdy. I have learned so much from her this year and I just wanted to thank her!
- Lynessa Perez earned a perfect score on her Social Studies test after studying and taking notes.
- Maddie Walton passed her Social Studies test after studying and taking notes.
- Thank you Zoe Miller and Tamryn Klatt for writing kind notes to me on all of your science work. You've made my year!
- Nile Ricotta has always been on my side for the whole year. He always cracks me up and laughs at my jokes. He always stands up for me and is one of the most kindest person I know. He always has been sticking with me every step of the way. He has never doubted me and I see him as a great friend.
- I came to Manning with very few friends, but Aidan Whitney talked to me and asked me to sit at his table. He was the one that made me feel at home, thank you!
- Audrey Rice is the nicest person I know. She always helps people out when they need it. We are in digital design together and she helps me troubleshoot, yet doesn't boss me around. She is a GREAT person.
- Hannah has always had my back, and I appreciate her loving heart for me and her friend group. We love you hannah!!!