Week of May 24 - 28
Upcoming Dates & Links
Monday, May 24
- D5 School Board Meeting, DFMS 7:00pm
Tuesday, May 25
- SC Ready - Math (In-person students only. Testing dates for FIVE students are below.)
Wednesday, May 26
- SIC meeting, 7:00am
- FIVE students only - SC Ready - Math (Specific testing details and logistics will be communicated directly to those families)
Planning for Next Year
I know it is hard to believe, but we are already starting to plan for the 2021-2022 school year! An important part of this preparation is building our master schedule and class lists. The staff spends a great deal of time and effort to ensure that the individual needs of all students are met. If you have specific concerns, however, about your child’s academic needs, please put them in writing to Mrs. Bright, Principal, by Friday, June 4, 2021. ***A letter is not needed unless your child has specific needs that need to be considered during class placement. Requests for specific teachers will not be considered. All letters must be received by Friday, June 4, 2021.***
A Peek at Our Week
End of the Year Events
Grade levels and homeroom teachers will be planning and communicating details about end of year special events. Here are a few to start putting on the calendar!
- We will have our annual school-wide Bear Blast on Wednesday, June 16th. It will be a full day of activities that is sure to be a fun ending to a memorable year!
- For our newest Bears - Kindergarten Welcome Orientation - June 10th, from 4:30 - 5:15 in the BES bus loop. This drive-through event will let students see the kindergarten teachers and administrators, collect important information, and purchase BES spirit wear. More info to come!
- 5th Grade Celebration & Promotion will be on Friday, June 11th all day with special activities and an end of the year recognition for parents to join virtually.
- FIVE Celebration on Friday, June 18th from 11:30 - 12:00 will be a drive through opportunity for our virtual students to see all BES staff one more time to wrap the year up. This will take place in the front car line.
Yearbooks will be distributed to 5th graders on Friday, June 11th, in time for their 5th Grade Celebration Day! All other students will receive theirs on Wednesday, June 16th, in time for Bear Blast. If you have not ordered yours yet, there is still time, although quantities are getting limited. You may purchase yearbooks in the front office, but with such a limited number of books remaining, they will be first come first serve. The cost of the yearbooks is $35.00.
Help us spread the word to former BES Bears!
*** Please note, due to COVID restrictions, only students will be allowed inside the building for the Senior Walk. Pictures may be taken outside of the school.***
Kindergarten Registration for 2021-2022 Now Open
BES is currently registering students for five-year-old kindergarten for children who will be five years-old on or before September 1, 2021. Parents and guardians of children meeting this eligibility can go to the District’s Registration Page online to begin registering your child at http://bit.ly/D5Register5K. In-person registration may be available at zoned elementary schools. Required documents include:
The student’s legal birth certificate
- A current South Carolina Certificate of Immunization, or a South Carolina Certificate of Medical or Religious Exemption
- A property tax receipt or a rental lease showing all occupants
- Two utility bills showing the current home address
Students that are in the 4-year-old kindergarten program and in PowerSchool should not complete the new student process, as current students will roll into 5-year-old kindergarten at the end of the school year. Parents will be prompted to update their information in Registration Gateway over the summer.
For more information on School District Five’s 5-year-old kindergarten program or the online registration form, contact Mrs. Spell, BES Registrar at 476-4500.
How to Reach Us...
Parent input and feedback are always appreciated as we work through new routines and procedures. Whether through a phone call or an email, we welcome your thoughts and ideas. The Administrative Team at BES is always available to help in any way we can! You can contact us by calling the main office at 476-4500 or emailing us directly.
Principal Robin Bright firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal Zach Keister email@example.com
Assistant Administrator Amy Sgorrano firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow BES on social media as well!
The mission of Ballentine Elementary School is to join together community, staff, students, and families to ensure that all students are provided a world-class, rigorous education.
In partnership with the community, staff, students, and families, Ballentine Elementary School will exemplify excellence in education in a positive, safe and nurturing environment in order to prepare our students to be fully participating citizens and leaders. We will foster the development of creative thinking, encourage curiosity and problem solving, promote respect for individual differences and uphold high ethical standards.