Changemaker Final Project
- You must use a minimum of three sources
- You must use at least one subscription database
You do not need parenthetical citation when stating your own ideas, opinions, or analysis, or when using a common knowledge fact.
- All sources must be cited in EasyBib
- Make sure you are signed into EasyBib
- Make sure you have a project called Changemaker in EasyBib
- Add all your citations to the same project. This will make your bibliography easier to export at the end.
- CITE AS YOU GO ALONG
- When you have all your citations done export your bibliography to Google Drive and then copy and add to the end of your letter.
123 Winner's Road
New Employee Town, PA 12345
March 16, 2001
1234 Writing Lab Lane
Write City, IN 12345
Dear Mr. English:
The first paragraph of a typical business letter is used to state the main point of the letter. Begin with a friendly opening; then quickly transition into the purpose of your letter. Use a couple of sentences to explain the purpose, but do not go into detail until the next paragraph.
Beginning with the second paragraph, state the supporting details to justify your purpose. These may take the form of background information, statistics or first-hand accounts. A few short paragraphs within the body of the letter should be enough to support your reasoning.
Finally, in the closing paragraph, briefly restate your purpose and why it is important. If the purpose of your letter is employment related, consider ending your letter with your contact information. However, if the purpose is informational, think about closing with gratitude for the reader's time.
"Sample Letters." Purdue OWL: Basic Business Letters. Purdue University, 8 Aug. 2010. Web. 02 May 2016. <https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/653/02/>.
Content of paragraphs
- Paragraph one: Provide background and explain why this is a pressing problem. The opening paragraph should include your thesis statement.
- Paragraph two: provide supporting evidence
- Paragraph three: provide supporting evidence
- Paragraph four: provide supporting evidence
- Paragraph five: conclusion
What to Submit
- Export your bibliography from EasyBib
- Add it as the last page to your letter
- Submit your letter to the Changemaker Final Project assignment on Google Classroom