All of these chemicals are found in cigarettes:
- Carbon Monoxide
- Vinyl Chloride
All of the above chemicals are potentially deadly.
As if this were not enough. . .
- Cigarettes contain the addictive drug nicotine.
- Cigarettes slow your circulation.
- Cigarettes cause Emphysema, an often-fatal disease that causes the air sacs in the lungs to lose elasticity. Emphysema patients cannot live without an oxygen tank.
- Cigarettes are expensive. At $10 a pack, a pack-a-day smoker can spend $3,650 annually on cigarettes.
- Cigarettes can cause atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries. This can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
The following video applies to all drugs, including cigarettes.
'80s Anti-Drug Commercial - Your Brain On Drugs