Paris Climate Summit
By Grey Pfefferkorn and Chase Lober
- Countries have set emissions targets for every 5 years
- Asking all countries to help the fight; there is already over 180 participating
- Wealthy countries encouraged to help poor countries to reduce their emissions
- They want to eventually have greenhouse gas emissions less than the amount nature absorbs
- Also want negative emissions- Nature and humans take out more carbon dioxide from the atmosphere then is put in
2. The EPA protects all of our resources.
3. Sustainability is meeting the needs of the present without being harmful to the environment and future generations.
Ways the US is living sustainably: 1. Regulations on greenhouse gas emissions, 2. Recycling of plastics, 3. Hybrid cars, 4. Organic foods, 5. Water conservation, 6. Energy saving appliances and light bulbs
4. This matters because ways we pollute the Earth now will harm future generations to come. If we don't protect the Earth, it will not last as long as it can if we do protect it.