West TV PTC - September 18, 2023
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS:
9/20: PTC Meeting in the Library
10/6: All Star Dash
All Star Dash
The All Star Dash is just over two weeks away. In this edition of the Monday Minute, we’re focusing on prizes! Winning is fun and kids love prizes. To motivate our kids and celebrate their efforts, we loaded the All Star Dash award list with prizes for classrooms, individual students and teachers (turns out, teachers love prizes too). Check it out!
K – 2nd class with highest percentage of students participating in fundraising
3rd – 5th class with highest percentage of students participating in fundraising
Spirit award: Principal Valentine and PE Teacher, Ms. Cereda will vote to determine the recipient.
Student in each grade K-5th who runs the most laps during the event
Student in each grade K-5th who collects the most donations for WTV
Student in each grade K-5th who demonstrates Outstanding Effort during the Dash
Student in each grade K-5th who demonstrates Sportsmanship during the Dash
Reserved VIP Parking spot at WTV randomly drawn from students raising a minimum of $300
Teacher award: The teacher with the highest number of pledges (irrespective of amount donated)
The deadline for pledge collection is October 20th. With everyone working together, we're confident we can reach our goal!
Here's where we stand today...
Stretch Goal: $48,000 (including $8k for the Artist In Residence program)
Raised: $8,650 (as of Monday, 9/18)
Check out the leaderboard on Pledgestar and see where your class is ranked!
Next week, look for more details about the Artist in Residence program and artist, Mark Brody.
PTC Meeting This Week
Current Committee Coordinator/Team Needs:
- Spooktacular Team: Help plan and coordinate this fun WTV community event in October
- Star Showcase/Talent Show Coordinator: Lead needed or will not have an event this spring
- Yearbook Co-Coordinator: Help this year, lead next year. Dorian studios provides software platform
- Photography Team: Take pictures of events or class activities and upload to the social media
- Family Art Night: Help this year, lead next year
Current and upcoming volunteer needs:
- Art Literacy: 2-3 volunteers needed minimum per classroom. First training is on Tuesday October 3rd.
- Fall Theater Club: We need one parent per session to monitor snack time, escort students to the gym, and stay for the duration of play practice run by NWCT. Dates volunteers are still needed: 10/5, 10/10, 10/12, and 10/19. Volunteers are needed for the day of the performance on Thursday November 2nd in the evening for an assortment of tasks including set-up, concession sales, wardrobe assistance, and clean-up. Finally, we'll need a few volunteers to help with the post-production party after school on Monday November 6th.
- All Star Dash: Come support runners at this fun school tradition on Friday October 6th
- Kindergarten library time: Come help kids pick out books and read aloud.
- Continent Club: 6 check days this year. For each event we'll need 16-18 volunteers to be successful. First event will be Thursday October 26th
Please e-mail email@example.com if you are interested in fulfilling any of the coordinator/team needs or sign up via MyImpact for the volunteer opportunities.
West Tualatin View Parent Teacher Club
The West TV PTC meets once a month. Our website is full of information about programs, meetings and more. Check it out! You’ll find all of the financial statements and meeting minutes for the current year, including the most recent ones, here.