We Are Family - August 23, 2021
Please see today's email titled "Important COVID Policy Update" for the latest on our efforts to ensure student safety and in-person learning.
It was wonderful to see so many of our school community at this weekend's parish festival. Thank you to all of the families who volunteered to help make this event successful. Dress down passes will be sent home tomorrow for those families who volunteered.
Picture day will be Wednesday, September 15th. Students may be out of uniform on picture day. Makeups will be taken on Wednesday, November 10th.
Parent / Teacher Conferences are scheduled for October 13th and 14th from 1-6 PM. Please sign up for a conference with your children's homeroom teachers. At this time, we plan to offer in-person OR online video conferences, whichever best suit your needs. Depending on the situation with COVID in October, these may move entirely online. When signing up for conferences, please indicate if you would prefer an online conference.
- Signup for PS - 1st Grade Conferences
- Signup for 2nd Grade - 5th Conferences
- Middle School Teachers are available on October 13th and 14th from 1:30 to 6:00 PM for drop in conferences. Parents of middle school students should plan to attend.
And lastly, everyone's favorite topic: Carpool Procedures! We appreciate your patience as we have worked through the beginning of year issues and the festival setup. Things should be returning to normal soon. Please keep the following in mind:
- In the mornings, please only utilize the visitor's entrance after 7:55 AM if your child cannot unbuckle themselves and exit the vehicle. All other students should be using our normal drop-off line; especially students in the upper grades. There is too much congestion at the front door each morning creating unsafe situations.
- Please be mindful of school buses on Main Street, especially in front of our campus. This is not a divided highway and all four lanes must stop when a school bus has the stop arm extended.
- Please make sure your children know how they are getting home at the end of the day to eliminate confusion.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
Events This Week
- Dismissal at 2:50 PM
Thursday, August 26th
- School Mass, led by 7th grade. Livestream available at https://youtu.be/ruS7olWQAP0
Friday, August 27th
- Spiritwear for students
- Vision Screening for Grades 1, 3, 5, and 8
St. Susanna's PowerSchool has moved to the Archdiocese of Indianapolis server; therefore, your old link, bookmark, & account will need to be reset.
Please use the link below and the student access id & password found in the back-to-school packet Passwords Page to create a new account and link your student.
If you would like to access your PowerSchool account on your mobile phone, please complete the new account process on your computer first and then remove and re-download the PowerSchool App on your phone. The new code to connect to St. Susanna School on your mobile phone is TMHH.
You may use your new PowerSchool account to access accounts of any of your other children who attend Archdiocese of Indianapolis Schools. If you have other students attending public schools using PowerSchool, you will need to create a separate account at the link provided by that school.
If you need assistance, please email Kandi Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may be referred to the Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at email@example.com
Girlfriends in God Information
Girlfriends in God is a parish group that invites women of all ages and stages to join in fellowship. It is a great way to become better acquainted with other women in our community.
Monthly Evening Gathering: Dinner at Opa! In Avon
Monday, August 30 at 6:30 p.m.
- We will meet at the restaurant. If the weather permits, we will sit outside as a large group.
- Join us and bring a friend if you can!
Weekly Friday Morning Bible Study: Faith & Friends on Friday
Fridays, 9:00 - 10:30 AM in the Parish Center
- No meeting Friday, August 20th due to Parish Festival.
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Upcoming events include:
- Stay tuned....
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.