Medlin at a Glance
September 15, 2014
From the desk of Mr. Drewery
Happy Monday everyone! As we begin our 4th week of school, remember the importance of proactive parent communication, especially with Progress Reports going out. Remember, page 15 of the Medlin Handbook states:
"Teachers are required to contact parents regarding any progress report grade below the passing standard of 75%.
If a students grade falls below the passing standard of 75% at any time after the progress reports are made available, the teacher is required to contact parents regarding the student's most recent progress in within 24 hours of the change in the grade."
This would also be a good time to begin initial communication with parents regarding student behavioral concerns in your class.
Keep up the phenomenal work and have a great week!
"The human mind is our fundamental resource."
- John F. Kennedy
- Don't forget to submit lesson plans.
- Progress report grades are due Monday, September 15th, at 8:00 AM. Remember you must have 2 formatives and 1 summative.
- We will be having our first Pep Rally on Wednesday, September 17th. We will run an Advisory bell schedule that day. We will start dismissing towards the end of 8th period.
- We will run an Advisory Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and regular bell schedule Monday and Friday.
- 9/15 - Progress Report Grades due by 8:00 AM
- 9/15 - 7th grade football @ BNHS
- 9/17 - Pep Rally - We will be on advisory schedule that day (Wednesday).
- 9/18 - 7th grade volleyball @ MMS
- 9/22 - 7th Grade Football @BNHS
- 9/24 - 8th Grade Volleyball @ Medlin
Please remember to check the Medlin Calendar for a complete list of campus events.