Sunset Valley Elementary 9/22/17
- Here is a reminder from the Nutritional Services Department.
- Please begin thinking about parent-teacher conferences on October 18-19! The opportunity to select a conference time will be coming out soon! Now would be a good time to review the R7 Standards Based Grading Website. Thank you for your partnership and sharing your child with us at SVE!
- SVE MAP scores are trickling in from Spring 2017 and our scores look terrific in Math, ELA and Science.
- SVE staff are experts at building positive relationships! We are also data driven in looking at patterns in student learning to identify areas to help our students grow academically. Your support in this process is greatly appreciated! Thanks for your input! You are your child's first teacher!
- This week, all students were assessed in Reading and Math using the Aimsweb+ program. This is one of three benchmark dates (September, January, May) that we track student progress in these two academic areas. Using this data, classroom teachers adjust their teaching to meet the needs of our students. Thank you to Mrs. Ashley Welch, Mrs. Jodi Mahurin, Mrs. Angie Demoss, Mrs. Christen Pruett, and Mrs. Kayla Taylor for assisting with the organization of this process.
- Every day except Wednesday, we have JAG TIME, in which all students are working on a variety of academic skills. Almost all of our staff, who are available, are working with students throughout the building. It is a pretty cool thing to observe, and a testament to the SVE staff that they make a great TEAM.
- Student council will hold a coin drive for cold water to provide milk for their families they service the week of September 25-28. Thank you to Mrs. Karen Reynolds and Miss Alex Welch for your leadership in Student Council.
- I am interested to see who the Royals will keep in free agency. Intense lunch discussions with my Kindergarten friends suggest we may be keeping Moose...Somehow, they tell me they have the inside scoop...
ARTIST OF THE WEEK ALERT!!!
Please vote for our Artist of the Week nominee!!!
Parent Volunteers and Field Trips
Jaguar Nation -
Please remember to complete the LSR7 background check if you are planning to chaperone a field trip this year for your child's class. Please call the main office with questions.
SVE Health Fair Signups
Help needed at the Health Fair at the school on Thursday, Oct. 12th. Different times open, please follow the link to the Sign Up Genius and volunteer as long as you can. Thank you! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4ba4ac2aa2fd0-health
STUDENT & STAFF SPOTLIGHT!!!
Ms. Russell's Kindergarten students loved making donuts and learning how to 'sprinkle' kindness at school with their 3rd grade buddies in Ms. Shrout's class!