The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of September 23, 2019
What will you learn about the world by sharing stories from your life & the lives of others?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Sep. 23rd, 8am
- To the 3rd Grade Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch period this week. If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, share questions or just have a laugh...let me know!
- Our 5-minute Morning Mindfulness sessions take place daily! All are invited...the fun starts at 7:45 in the Media Center!
Gr3 Team Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 25th, 3-4pm
- PLT groupings
- NSF Guided Reading
News & Notes
Dismissal Notes: Please keep your walkies on during dismissal so we can keep things moving. As also need to make sure that any teachers not covering bus duty monitor students as they navigate the hallways.
Staff Wellness: Don't forget about our After-School Sweat Sessions w/Ms. Giroux! They will take place right after dismissal in room D-5. Stop by her office at any time for details!
NSF in Guided Reading: Don't forget to bring your texts (and notes, questions, suggestion, etc.) with you to our team meetings this month! In the meantime, here are some points to ponder:
Strategies/Modules (page 256) - start here with your planning
Modeling station/center rotations (page 17)
Word Knowledge Inventory (page 324) - FAST class assessment to use as an additional data-point for grouping and instruction, especially in the fall.
Adaptations for ELL’s/IEP’s are provided throughout the text based on text-band
Math SGO's: We are currently working on uploading DIBELS...reports will be coming out soon! In the meantime, don't forget to administer/score math fluency assessments!
- Gr1: Addition
- Gr2: Addition
- Gr3: MAP
Recess fun with Mr. Aird & Ms. Applegate!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
TY to Troop 66085 & the Glassboro Child Development Center for our new Buddy Bench!
BOOM! Shout-outs from the Staff!
Katie~ Thanks for taking time out during your prep to visit an old student and offer help!
Des and Jackie~ Thanks for your support and help. So happy and lucky to have you “across the street” from me!!
- Castro – Thank you for always helping and guiding me! I appreciate it more than you’ll ever know! Also, You’re doing BIG things and I’m super proud of you for it! Xo.
- Thank you Castro for the Brazilian treat!
- Lynn, I am so sorry for your loss.
- Shout-out to all the teachers that stayed late yesterday for our SGO PD. We had a great time while learning a lot.
- Shout out to Andrea, Andy, Masso, and Christine! Thank you so much for all of your help and support !! :)
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 09/09: MAP & DIBELS window opens (9/9-9/13)
- 09/11: Gr1 Team Meeting
- 09/16: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 09/17: CAST Gr1 Fall Follow-ups
- 09/18: CAST Gr2 Fall Follow-ups
- 09/19: CAST Gr3 Fall Follow-ups
- 09/20: Gr3 Model Curriculum Data DUE & Hispanic Heritage Read-in
- 09/25: Gr 3 Team Meeting
- 09/30: New Teacher Academy (w/Mrs. Sochor)