Elkins High School Library
2014 - 2015 Annual Report
Technology and Information Access
- Created symbaloo to easily access the most often used Elkins library databases
- 82,112 databases searches conducted through ABC-Clio, Ebsco, and Gale
- Promoted fiction books through Shelfari
- Webmaster for Knightwire/Campus Web Administrator for Schoolwires
- Social media person for Knightwire Twitter
- Turnitin.com campus administrator
- Completed inventory of 31,889 items -- that's a whole lot of scanning!
- Sent 2,284 books to auction -- that's a whole lot of boxes!
- Reorganized non-fiction shelving and seating arrangement for better access
- Circulated 7,380 books including 144 books lent to other FBISD libraries
- 2014-2015 Annual Goals
- 2015-2016 Annual Goals
The students loved the books that the teachers recommended!
Elkins funded $6.91 per student for print & digital library resources
Three IPAD Carts were checked out for a total of 119 days