Tison Roo News 2016-17
Week of September 12th
I always appreciate feedback so if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Thanks!
TMS Library Media Specialist
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Monday, Sep. 12 -- 8th grade Tison Football vs. Crowley @ 5:00 PM (Roo Stadium)
Monday, Sep. 12 -- Tison Tennis vs. Hall @ 4:00 PM (NGC)
Tuesday, Sep. 13 –- 7th grade Tison Football vs. Crowley @ 5:00 PM (CHS Stadium)
Wednesday, Sep. 14 -- Tison Cross Country vs. Lipan @ Lipan High School
Thursday, Sep. 15 –- Tison Volleyball vs. Granbury @ 5:00 PM (HOME)
Friday, Sep 16 -- "Back 2 School Bash" from 6-8 PM (see below for more information)
Friday, Sep 23 -- Tison Flu Clinic (see below for more information)
BACK 2 SCHOOL BASH -- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH
The Tison Back-2-School Bash will be:
- Friday September 16
- in the Tison gym
- from 6:00-8:00 PM (please be sure to pick up your student at 8:00 PM)
The Tison Back-2-School Bash will have:
- a concession stand selling Chick-Fil-A Sandwiches ($4) / Candy ($1) / Drinks ($1) / Chips ($1)
- a PRE-ORDER meal deal (Chick-Fil-A sandwich, chips, drink, and candy) for $6 -- if interested in pre-ordering the meal deal, please fill out the RSVP form below!
- an open gym as well as a dance area
Further Details about the Back-2-School Bash:
- TICKETS PURCHASED DURING THE PRE-SALE PERIOD ARE $5 -- students can purchase ticket(s) during lunch (cash or check made out to Tison Middle School) beginning Tuesday, September 6th
- Tickets purchased the night of the dance are $7
- No shoes will be allowed in the newly refinished gym floor - EVERYONE MUST WEAR SOCKS
- We will provide a shoe check for students to safeguard their shoes
- WISD Dress Code will be enforced
- Students who are assigned ISS (In-School Suspension) during the week of September 12th – 16th WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE DANCE
DEADLINE FOR BASH MEAL DEAL
The deadline to order a Chick-Fil-A Meal Deal is MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH!
If your student is planning to attend the bash and you would like to insure that he or she has the meal deal, please use the Google form below to let me know so that I can plan accordingly. Thank you!
Leslie Fenton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TISON FLU CLINIC ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD
Message from Jenny Kloven, RN -- Tison School Nurse:
We will be having a flu clinic on Sept . 23 from 1-3 PM. You may pick up a consent form in the Tison office as well as attached below. No flu mist will be given this year.
TISON STACI STUDENT TENDING TO THE CLASSROOM PLANTS
MRS. LAWES' PRODUCTION CLASS -- "AN ILIAD" AT STAGE WEST
Pictured in top photo from left to right: Yannely Ibarra; Tyler Wright; Brenna Chandler; Gracie Gutierrez; Reagan Lee; Brooke Pickard; Carol Gutierrez; Aidan Ridling; Mrs. Lawes, Alex Guilbeau
Tison Theater Arts teacher, Mrs. Raven Lawes, took the students from her theater production class to see "An Illiad" at Stage West in Fort Worth last Friday, September 2nd.
LIBRARY SEEKING CARTRIDGES FOR RECYCLING PROGRAM
The Tison Library is partnering with FundingFactory, a leading fundraising-through-recycling company in the United States. The program runs year-round, potentially accumulating constant income for our efforts, but we won’t get very far without your support.
Here's how you can help:
- Drop off empty name-brand toner and inkjet printer cartridges to the Tison office or have your Tison student bring them to the library.
- Ask your employer about donating its used name-brand toner and inkjet printer cartridges through FundingFactory's Business Support program. Businesses can ship recyclables directly to FundingFactory with free UPS shipping labels and boxes, or use a drop off location. If you work for a company that may be interested in supporting us, please call FundingFactory toll-free at 888-883-8237. Give the customer service representative our school identification number (#164647) and they’ll set you up to support our account... it's that easy!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 817-598-2960, ext. 4101 or email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!
Tison Library Media Specialist
2016-2017 TISON YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW!
You can purchase a 2016-2017 yearbook for the low price of $35.00 -- this will be the lowest price of the year! Just go to www.balfour.com and search for Tison Middle School (Weatherford, TX) or your can email firstname.lastname@example.org if paying by check or cash.
Please email Mrs. Fenton at email@example.com if you have any questions.
TISON ROO IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Brian Stricklin, 7th Grader
Mrs. Fenton, 7th grade Math teacher & yearbook sponsor, nominated Brian to be a "Tison Roo in the Spotlight":
"Brian has shown patience and kindness to many students as he helps them with difficult math problems. He is also very mathematically sound!"
In order to get to know Brian a little better, he completed a simple survey and below are his answers:
What do you most look forward to when you wake up in the morning and why?
Athletics and math because of the numbers and I get to work out in athletics
In a word, describe school.
Write one word that describes you as a person.
What is your favorite TV show?
Old teen titans go
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite song?
the heathens song
What is your favorite book?
Diary of a wimpy kid
What is your favorite game?
Call of duty black ops 2
What do you like to do in your free time and why?
Sleep because it makes time go by faster
If you could have lunch with a famous person, who would it be? Why?
Luke Bryan because I think he's the best country singer
When you think about life after you graduate from school (high school or college) what career sounds goods to you and why?
Football because I enjoy playing it and u get to travel
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@brittonsfa3 (Assistant Principal, Stephanie Britton)
@tisonband (April Page, TMS Band Director & Jay McNew, TMS Assistant Director)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@Tisonchoir (Choir, Kathi Richards)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish & Tison cheerleader sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@GwenWard19 (Counselor, Gwen Ward)
@tisonlibrary (Library Media Specialist, Leah Greer)
@CoachGibbens (BlendEd American History, American History, & Coach - James Gibbens)
@mrtexashistory (Texas History - Corey Whitehead)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@coachhull_TMS (Brittany Hull, Athletics and PE)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher, Stephanie Patterson)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@Msscottscience8 (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor), Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Chapman)