The Mumper Minute
Enrichment group newsletter week of 12/14/15
Notes from Mrs. Mumper
- I will be polling the children for input on future units of study this week, I will look at their suggestions and chose a few for the children to vote on. Please help them to understand that the majority rules on the selection of topic.
- We will be finishing our star study unit this week.
- If you are going to do the star observation "homework" please send it in by Friday. We will be moving on from stars when we return in January.
- I will be sending the information the kids need to log on at home and continue learning to write code. (This is only if they want.)
- If you would like to get this newsletter as an email (with links to what we have done and fun extensions at home) please send me an email (email@example.com) letting me know.
I am sending home the log in information for the kids to continue on code.org at home in the classess I created. However, I wanted them to have other options as well. Here are some resources for your children to use as they continue to learn to code.
- code.org (this is the site we used in class and that I am most familure with)
- Code Combat
- Code School
- Made w/code
- Code Monster
Also, here is an article if you would like to read more about coding resources for kids.
If you haven't looked at our classroom twitter you are missing out! They students have done some amazing work and we would love for you to see it. Remember you don't have to have a twitter account to view our twitter. Here is the link to our twitter: https://twitter.com/MumpersClass
Our class handle is : @MumpersClass
Check us out, comment, and let your child know what you think of their learning!
- 8 cans of playdough
- A USB or 3.5mm computer microphone if you have one you are not using.
- Several shoebox size plastic storage containers.
- Can of compressed air: Like this
- Spelling city premium membership ($52.95) for the year