Weekly update: All Things Pershing
Share your feedback on this year's school start and end times
Share your feedback HERE
What's new for Explore?
A wide array of classes, delivery modes and schedules will allow you
to customize your child's summer learning experience.
- Seated classes are offered for K-8 students June 6-July 15.
- Virtual classes are offered for grades 1-12 during two, four-week sessions: June 6-30 and July 5-29
- High school students can earn up to two credits during the summer with virtual classes.
- Exciting experiences will reinforce classroom learning.
- Gifted students in grades 1-5 may participate in seated classes June 6-30.
- Artworks for grades 3-5 is expanding to three locations. Session I is June 6-17. Session II is June 20-July 1.
- A middle school Fine Arts Academy, including dance, has been added.
- English Language Learners Institute will be offered for grades K-12.
REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 7
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
We recognize eligible families have not completed this year's Free & Reduced School Meals application. As a reminder, to become eligible or remain eligible you must complete the application each year. We are here to help you or answer any of your questions.
You can complete the online application at the link found here or stop by the main office to pick up a paper copy.
Mark your calendars and register now for the first SPS University event. It will take place on December 14th beginning at 5:00 p.m. and ending at 8:00 p.m. The location is Parkview H.S. This event is designed to engage all families of SPS and will have several district leaders and teachers presenting at the event including our new Superintendent Dr. Lathan. This event is designed to connect you with resources and information to help support your child. Click HERE to register. What you can expect:
- Workshops on effectively using Canvas and eSchool
- Breakout Sessions on how to promote social and emotional well-being in students of any age
- How-To Guides on accessing academic supports for your child's needs
- A Resource Fair to connect you with community partners offering programs that benefit your family
- A free meal
- Free Childcare for ages 4 to 8
Attention 5th and 8th grade parents:
(The deadline to submit the transfer request for high school ends at 4:30 pm on November 30, 2021. No late submissions will be accepted.)
Is there a staff member you feel needs to be recognized? Please use this form to share.
It's getting cold outside...
Mid-quarter was November 19th
The quarter will end on December 22. Please be sure to check assignments, grades, and attendance online in eschool or Canvas each day for your student and talk with your student about each grade. Follow these steps to check grades and assignments:
- Please visit with your student about assignments and grades printed on the report. Parents can check assignment grades on Home Access at https://homeaccess.sps.org/homeaccess. If you have any questions about the assignments or grades, please reach out to the teacher.
Home Access Center website: https://homeaccess.sps.org/homeaccess
Log-in: Enter User Name and Password
- If you have not previously logged on, you will be asked to create two questions with answers in case you forget your password in the future.
- If you need your log-in and password, please come in or call the office.
- Click on Classes for assignments and click on Grades for overall scores in each class at mid-quarter and at the end of the quarter.
To message teachers in Canvas:
- Canvas is the platform our teachers and students use for learning. As a parent, you are automatically able to be an observer in each of your child’s Canvas courses with your own log-in and password. To find your child’s Canvas courses, log in to Canvas at www.sps.org > Click on “Parents” > Click on “Resources” > Click on “Canvas.” The log in for Canvas is the same as eschool home access log-in and password. If you are unable to log-in to Canvas or home access, please call the main office. We will be happy to assist you!
- If you are unfamiliar with Canvas and would like quick tips on how to change preferences or contact a teacher through Canvas, click here for information.
- For accuracy, please use eschool Home Access for updated weekly grades. If you have questions about the assignment or grade, Canvas offers a way to immediately contact the teacher through inbox.
Please click here if you are interested in learning more about Choice Programs for your student.
Please click here if you are interested in learning more about Choice Programs for your 7th grade student
Parents! Need help accessing and checking learning with your student???
What's going on at Pershing this week?
- 11.29.21 - Wrestling vs. Cherokee & Westport - Pershing
- 12.1.21- Girls Basketball - Pershing vs Strafford - Strafford - 5:30/6:45 pm
- 12.1.21 - Wrestling Nixa and Cherokee - Kickapoo
- 12.3.21 - Girls Basketball - Pershing vs. Jarrett at Jarrett 8th 5:30 p.m.
- 12.3.21 - Girls Basketball - Pershing vs. Jarrett at Pershing 7th 5:30 p.m.
- 12.7.21 - Girls Basketball - Pershing vs. Ozark at Ozark, Mo. 8th 5:30 p.m.
- 12.7.21 - Girls Basketball - Pershing vs. Ozark at Pershing 7th 5:30 p.m.
- 12.8.21 - Picture Retakes
- 12.11.21 - Wrestling Ozark Conference - Nixa
- 12.11.21 - Girls Basketball - Pershing vs. West Plains at Pershing A Only 7th/8th 11:00 a.m. 12:15 p.m.
- 12.11.21 - Wrestling Ozark Conference
- 12.13.21 - Orchestra Winter Concert - 6:00 pm - Glendale Auditorium
- 12.14.21 - SPS University - Parkview - 5:00 pm
- 12.14.21 - Girls Basketball - Pershing vs. Pleasant View at Pershing 8th 5:30 p.m.
- 12.14.21 - Girls Basketball - Pershing vs. Pleasant View at Pleasant View 7th 5:30 p.m.
- 12.15.21 - 2nd Grade - Springfield Ballet Experience - The Nutcracker - 10:30 am
- 12.16.21 - World Languages Visits
- 12.16.21 - Band 7th and 8th Grade Winter Concert
- 12.23.21 - PL/PW for teachers - No School for students
- 12.24.21 - 1.3.22 - Winter Break
- 1.4.22 - Classes Resume
Looking for tips on how to support your student as a Digital Citizen? Each month I will share a digital citizenship tip for parents.
All middle school students should be dropped off and picked-up each day at the circle drive. Car Riders will not be released until 4:30 p.m. Please do not drop off students before 9:05 a.m. Elementary students' carline is in located in the Elementary parking lot.
A COUPLE THINGS...
- Carline: Thank you parents staying in your cars. This greatly helps the speed of carline. Safety for our students is our #1 concern. Thank you for your patience.
- Please remind your student to USE THE CROSSWALK at all times.
- Please be aware of of students walking and riding bikes. Students should use the crosswalks and sidewalks at all times.
- Please DO NOT park in the NO PARKING areas in around Pershing. These need to stay clear for the safety of our students.
- Remember, students are considered tardy after the 9:30 bell rings. If your child arrives after 9:30 am, please walk your child in and check them in at the front office.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For the safety and security of Pershing School all doors will be locked until 9:05 am. In other words, students may arrive at school no earlier than 9:05. Breakfast will begin at 9:05 with our instructional day beginning at 9:30. Students will be dismissed at 4:30. During the school day, all visitors must check in at the office. If you are picking up your child early they will be dismissed from the office.
Breakfast and Lunch for ALL STUDENTS
All students enrolled at Pershing will be able to eat a school breakfast each morning for free and lunch each afternoon for free! Breakfast will be available each morning until 9:05 am. Breakfast will not be available after 9:30 am. Students attending school virtually can pick up food items during designated times. Click here for more information or check out nutrition services at SPS.org.
Check us out on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
Where to find us:
Facebook: @PershingMS and @PershingElementary
Twitter: @PershingSPS and @PershingElem
Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
You can reach us at 523-2400
or visit our website at: