LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministry at First Baptist Covington.
We had a great Bonfire Night last week, with tons of food, games, ATV sledding, and really nice outdoor worship! This week at LIFT is our special, too. Students are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes if they want. Plus, we'll have some free food, candy, fun, and a message about what the Bible says about the Devil.
Prayer Breakfast is on for tomorrow with festive Pumpkin Pancakes! There is no LifeLine this Sunday night, though, because of the retreats.
Our Guys and Girls Retreats are coming up this weekend! It's not too late to register and pay online HERE or by sending a check with your student to LIFT. The details (including packing lists) are in the picture linked below! Remember, we are leaving Friday at 5:30pm from the Annex, and some late transportation is available for students that have to be at the football game.
Be sure to check out our SNACK SUPPER SCHEDULE below! We've added a parent-provided meal once a month, and the students LOVE it! Click on the picture below to see when you're up!
Also, keep these upcoming dates on your radar:
- Separate Guys/Girls Retreats Nov. 1-3
- LIFT Christmas Party Dec. 11
- Ski Trip Feb. 18-21, 2014
- Student Life Mission Camp @ Myrtle Beach, June 16-20, 2014
No LifeLine this week because of the retreats!
Guys/Girls Separate Retreats!
Nov. 1-3, click on the picture for all the details!
Snack Supper Schedule
We now provide Snack Supper for our students once a month at LIFT! Check out this schedule to see when it's your turn!
Last Week's Message from LIFT!
No video from this week because of the Bonfire.
- What is Paul taking about in Philippians 4:11-13?
- What does it mean to be content?
- Why is it difficult to be content?
- How does this idea of contentment relate to Jesus' metaphor of the vine and the branches in John?
- What should the emphasis of Philippians 4:13 be?