- Jewelry, silverware, coins
- Solar panels, electronics, photography
- Anglo-Saxon word seolfor
DESCRIPTION: KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED
- Atomic Mass- 107.868
- Atomic Number- 47
- Appears gray or silver (metallic shine)
BOHR DIAGRAM OF SILVER
# of protons- 47
# of neutrons- 61
# of electrons- 47
Benefits and Uses of Silver
These are some of the most important benefits from silver and the most popular uses of silver.
WHO FIRST FOUND SILVER?
Scientists say it has been around since prehistoric times. But silver's discoverer's are not yet found.
- Delivering a silver iPhone 6 to Cadmium and Palladium.
- Talking to a silversmith about a "deal".
Forms mixtures/compounds with=
- Iodine- used for cloud seeding and as an anitiseptic
- Bromine- widely used in photographic films
- Chlorine- used in photography and film
- Sulfur- used for oxidizing
- Oxygen- used for oxidizing
- Nitrogen- forms silver-amide
Silver's salts are extremely dangerous. Although silver itself is not hazardous in its purest form.
- Elements: Copper, Silver, and Gold. Danbury, CT: Grolier Educational, 1996. Print.