Lets head west on the oregon trail
Here are some obstacles that the pioneers faced on thier journey to oregon.
Mountains, Indians, and Dangerous animals
Some of the obstacles that the pioneers faced are Dangerous Animals, Mountains, and Indians. The Pioneers Faced many obstacles on their journey west But only three of them are listed and they are the major obstacles.
- The Mountains were a challenge for the pioneers because they were really hard to cross over and because they took a long time to cross over.
- The Mountains were the cause of many of the deaths on the oregon trail.
- The Mountains that the settels going west crossed were the Sierra Nevada Mountains, The Rocky Mountains and for some pioneers Heading west the Cascade Mountain range.
- The indians were a huge obstacle.
- The Indians didn't like settlers on their land.
- The Indians rode up armed with pistols in the morning.
- The native americans had conflicts with the pioneers and The pioneers had conflicts with the indians because they were so different that they didn't like each other
- White people killed the native americans
Other obstacles were starvation and wagon troubles.
OREGON TRAIL OLD WEST JOURNEY
Oregon Trail Part 1
Above is a map of the oregon trail
The oregon trail was one of the major routes to the west a,long with the santa fe trail.