Instructional Media Syllabus
The goal for this course is to integrate information and communication technologies into 7-12 classroom curriculum and to prepare future teachers to use technologies to differentiate their instruction to meet the needs of all students. Technology will be used to revitalize pedagogy and provide teachers with the ability to develop lesson activities to utilize in the classroom so that students will make meaningful connections in their learning process and develop 21st Century learning skills.
- There is no required text for this class. You will however have articles to read, videos to watch, and websites to explore in preparation for our learning experience in class. This is an intense Summer course. You should expect to spend two hours of your own time outside of class for every hour of class.
- You will need extensive access to a computer and the internet outside of class.
- You should bring some type of storage device every day (usb, hard drive, cloud access, etc.)
- You are responsible to remember all of your usernames and passwords, and there will be many. I recommend an app that will store them for you.
- You will need a headset/microphone.
- Spirit of discovery!
Students Needing Accessibility
Please notify me if you have special needs that I can address in any way and I will make every effort to accommodate them. Further, The Utah Valley University seeks to provide equal access to its programs, services and activities for people with disabilities. If you will need accommodations in the class, reasonable prior notice needs to be given to the Office of Accessibility Services (BU 146) to make arrangements at (801) 863-8747. The Office of Accessibility Services will work with you to arrange for accommodations.