Mrs. Reeg's Math Class News
Week of September 21, 2015
This Week In Math:
This week we continued working in chapter 2 learning about multiplying numbers by powers of ten. We finished the week up by solving multiplication problems using the standard algorithm and the "box" method. The students really persevered through some tough multiplication problems. Friday was spent working in math centers sharpening our skills. Next week I will introduce dividing numbers by 10, 100, and 1,000 using patterns. We will then solve division problems of 2, 3 or 4 digit by 2 digit numbers using the long division procedure. A video on solving division problems using long division has been posted below.
Multiplication Math Centers
Friendly reminders and upcoming events
- PTA fundraising forms and money is due Monday, September 28th
- Art Club - Group 1 meeting on Monday, Sept. 28th from 3:30pm-5pm
- If you have not signed up for a parent teacher conference, please contact your child's homeroom teacher. They are being held Oct. 13 & 14th from 4pm-7pm.
- The book fair is coming October 12-15th. It will be open in the evenings during Parent-Teacher conferences. Volunteers are needed! Please see the green form that went home on Friday.
- Be sure to check infinite campus weekly to check your child's grades.
- End of the first grading period is October 21st.