Summer Study Opportunites
Would you like to make your summer more meaningful?
High School Students
- Summer College (four-week academic credit program for students currently in grades 10 – 12)
- Summer Academy (three-week academic enrichment program for students currently in grades 9 – 12)
- Accelerated STEM Academy (one-week academic enrichment program for students currently in grades 9 – 12)
We invite you to imagine yourself at Duke this summer if you are:
- seeking to gain academic credit from renowned Duke faculty or interested in engaging deeply with a particular subject.
- hoping to spend your summer enjoying residential activities on Duke’s historic West Campus.
- seeking to prepare for college and to create an international network of peers.
Check out our 2018 Duke Summer Session for High School Students Blog for more information and a glimpse at what the programs are like.
Education Through Exploration
SPI study abroad programs incorporate both classroom academics and travel exploration. From visits to world-class museums to magnificent hikes through lush mountains and tropical rain forests, SPI students explore the most important monuments, cities, and natural wonders each country has to offer. Weekend and cultural day excursions help students dynamically use the language of study and immerse themselves within the local community.
What is Summer Discovery?
Summer Discovery is a pre-college enrichment program for high school and middle school students that combine academics with fun, activities, and sports. Courses are taught by university faculty. Students experience college life while gaining independence, self-confidence, and social skills. For 53 years, we’ve helped more than 100,000 students learn and grow. We can't wait for you to join us.