Guadalupe Home & School Club
April 2017 Digital Newsletter
Happy April Everyone!
We hope you are enjoying your month! Below you will find upcoming news & events to add to your calendars. You can also always access this information on the GHSC website in case you forget: www.ghsc.net
400 duckies, 300 guitars, 200 bears, over 8,000 laps walked…and more than $38,000 raised so far!
Man, that was a fun Walkathon!!! Everyone got into the spirit…some more than others! Mr. Izor, the teachers, parents and kids…showed up in their rocker best…or showed their Grizzly spirit…and made it super exciting for all. We’re also excited to watch our teachers perform their own ROCK CONCERT…since we reached our goal!
Many thanks to all the volunteers, teachers and students who made this event possible! Special thanks goes to Mr. Izor and Mindy Carpenter for ROCKING IT!!
A very special shout out to SCHOOL OF ROCK for their contributions, and for keeping us jamming all day!!
Many of the students are enjoying their prizes already…with more to come! It’s not too late to get in on the fun. Pledges are being accepted until April 30th! Check out our Walkathon website at http://bit.ly/rockthewalk to donate, print pledge forms, check out your classroom’s ranking and view all the prizes!
YOUR VOICE COUNTS!!!
It's hard to believe, but the GHSC board is starting the prepping and planning for next year already! Do you have ideas? Suggestions for events or fundraising? Would you like to join us?
Send any suggestions for next year to Noreen Styliadis at email@example.com. If you would like to attend the planning session, please email for details.
Come Join Cub Scouts Pack 340
Come to the Pack 340 Spring Join Night! If you would like more information about Pack 340, or if you are ready to join the fun, please attend our Spring Join Night.
- Who: Any boy in grades K-5 as of Sept. of 2017 and parents
- Where: Guadalupe Elementary Cafeteria
- When: Monday, April 24th, 7:00pm – 8:00pm
For more information and details on upcoming events please check HERE.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK! May 1st – 5th
Don’t forget to participate in the planned activities during Teacher Appreciation Week! You should have already received communication from your Room Parent about these events. This is a great way to let your child’s teacher know just how much all their hard work this year has meant! Any questions, please contact your Room Parent.
Guadalupe Art Show & Spring Auction
The Guadalupe Art Show is coming up on May 11 from 5:00-8:00 pm. Come celebrate art at Guadalupe! Art Vistas projects by every Guadalupe student will be on display in the cafeteria. There will also be many fun art activities going on in the quad.
Soup and bread will be available to purchase for dinner, so grab a bite to eat and enjoy the art display and activities. Stop by the bake sale to purchase goodies. We’ll have a fun art-filled night!
Also! A new addition to the Guadalupe Art Show this year will be the spring auction. The auction will be featuring classroom projects. These one of a kind projects were completed by the students with the guidance of their teachers. Make sure you check out these masterpieces!
BASKETBALL CLINIC @ GUADALUPE
Box Tops Contest
Here's how it works:
- Clip Box Tops from participating products. Encourage your family and friends to clip too!
- Save your Box Tops in a Ziploc bag or on a collection sheet with your teacher's name on it.
- Turn in your Box Tops (to your teacher) by May 19th.
- The class with the most Box Tops received by May 19th wins an ice cream party!
For more information about Box Tops or to print a collection sheet go to: http://www.boxtops4education.com/
Calling All 4th & 5th Grade Football Players
HAVE FUN WITH YOUR KIDS AT SCHOOL!
Spend an hour or 2…Help make these fun events a reality!!
- Art Vista Show and Spring Auction - May 11 - Please sig-up to help HERE and HERE.
- Olympic Day - June 7 - We still need COMMITTEE MEMBERS to help organize the upcoming Olympic Day. This is an easy event to help organize. All the details of the games are already planned. Committee members will only need to make sure we have the necessary supplies, verify game directions, and organize volunteers for the day. You will be working beside a GHSC Board Member and will have support.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping on this committee.
Greek Party 2017
Happy parents getting a night off while enjoying yummy food!
Greek Party 2017
Buy-In Party Fun!
Greek Party 2017
Thanks to all the parents who participated!
Mrs. DeFazio - 2nd Grade; Mrs. Williams - 3rd Grade; Mrs. Mapes - 2nd Grade
Mindy Carpenter - Chair of the Rock-the-Walk; Mr. Izor - Principal
Mrs. Brasher - 3rd Grade; Mrs. Susoev - 3rd Grade; Mrs. Talley - 3rd GRade
News & Events at a Glance!
- Monday, 5/1/17 – 5/5/17 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- Wednesday, 5/3/17 – GHSC Meeting from 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Monday, 5/8/17 – Union School District School Board Meeting from 6 pm – 7:30 pm
- Thursday, 5/11/17 – Digital Newsletter Submissions Due
- Thursday 5/11/17 – Art Vista Art Show & Spring Auction from 5 pm – 8 pm
- Monday, 5/15/17 – May Digital Newsletter goes live so check your inboxes!
- Wednesday, 5/24/17 – Open House
- Monday, 5/29/17 – Memorial Day
- Wednesday, 5/31/17 – Rock the Walk Walk-a-Thon Awards Assembly
- Wednesday, 5/31/17 – – GHSC Meeting from 6:30 pm – 8 pm
- Thursday, 5/31/17 – Digital Newsletter Submissions Due