Mrs. Houston's Third Grade News
January 29, 2016
Send your child in with an empty shoe box wrapped in Red, White, or Pink paper by February 5 PLEASE :)
AR DRESS DOWN
The following students MAY dress down on February 2nd for taking three AR tests and scoring 80 or above on all three tests.
February 3- Invent an Animal Project due
February 5- Re-enrollment forms due
February 9 - Social Studies - Chapter 3 - Test
February 10- Science - Chapter 5 Ecosystems Test
February 12- Class Valentines Day Celebration AND School Dance
February 15 - NO SCHOOL
February 25th - Field Trip to Alliance Theater
Due Friday 2/5:
1. Science and Writing Assignments on Study Island
2. A short packet will be handed out on MONDAY and due FRIDAY.
Important FSA Information
1. Maker Faire - All students are invited to create a project to display at our school Maker Faire to be held on our campus. Please see below for all the details for participation. We would like for students to submit project proposals to their Science teacher - ME - by Friday, February 5th. These proposals can change!
2. Box Tops for Education Competition - This semester the NJHS club is collecting Box Tops for Education for our school! For each Box Top collected, our school will receive 10¢. The homeroom that collects the most Box Tops between now and March 31st will receive a dress down day! Box Top Collection boxes will be located on the first and second floors in the school. In order for your Box Top submission to be counted for your homeroom, please write your homeroom teacher’s name on a bag and include your Box Tops in the bag before placing them in the collection box. For more information on Box Tops, including a list of participating products to find them on, go to BTFE.com. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Rucker at email@example.com.
3. Valentine's Day Dance Volunteers Needed!
The dance will be on February 12th.
Elementary School: 1:30-2:30 pm
Middle School: 2:30-3:30 pm
Please sign up using the following link:https://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/918119612067
4. Valentine's Day Fundraiser
What: A wrapped Cutie (mandarin orange) with a small candy and a valentine card.
Who: Anyone can purchase them for their friends or valentine.
When: Sales begin January 27th. The last day to purchase is February 9th. Valentines will be distributed on February 12th.
Where: Sales will take place in the cafeteria. Valentines will be distributed to student’s 1st period class.
Cost: $2.00 All proceeds will go to “Together We Learn – Juntos Aprendemos Community"-
Mission: Latino Network provides transformative opportunities, services, and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families and communities
The Alliance Theater Field Trip!
When: We depart from school by 10:40 am and return to school by approx. 2:15 pm on Thursday, February 25, 2016.
Where: Alliance Theatre at The Woodruff
1280 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
How: Students and Chaperones will be transported using a school bus.
Lunch: We will eat lunch at 10:00 BEFORE we leave for this field trip. The cost of the field trip includes a drink and snacks after the show while we are at the theatre. If your child usually has a WT Café lunch, you can still order a regular WT Café lunch as you usually would on this day since we will be eating lunch at school.
Attire: Please have your child dress in their regular school uniform with a RED FSAPS shirt. More Information: Check out http://alliancetheatre.org/production/the-lion-the-witch-and-the-wardrobe