All About Ernest Hemingway
By: Madi Phelps
Some facts about Ernest Hemingway:
- He committed suicide on July 2, 1961.
- He had 4 wives.
- He fought in WW1 and WW2.
- Won a bronze star for his bravery in WW2.
- His sister, brother, and father all committed suicide.
- He was watched by the FBI.
- Received the Nobel Prize for literature in 1954
- Cuba was his "safe haven"
- Had lot's of physical and mental health issues.
- He traveled around the world.
- Cuba was his go to place.
- He had affairs on 3 of his wives.
- He had 3 kids.
- He won the Pulitzer Prize for "The Old Man and The Sea".
- He was viewed as crazy to a lot of people.
- He thought that to have a successful life you had to go through struggles.
- "The Old Man Old The Sea" was based off of a real life idea.
- His two most famous books were "The Sun Also Rises" & A Farewell To Arms".
- He was looked at as the most famous writer of the 1900's.
- He lived a successful life of writing.
Ernest Hemingway Documentary by R.E. Strayer