Back to School
Hello Bulldog families!
At the beginning of each month, the Bulldog Bark newsletter is published to inform families of celebrations, events, activities and information about RBSMS for that month. This newsletter is sent via email through our school communication system. Please make sure that your current email address is listed with the first contact for your student to ensure you receive this information first hand. In addition, the Bulldog Bark is posted on our school web site email@example.com page and on our school Facebook page.
6th grade Counselor: Mr, Manning, firstname.lastname@example.org
6th grade Administrator: Mr.Borders, email@example.com
7th grade Counselor: Mrs.Lessum , firstname.lastname@example.org
7th grade Administrator: Mrs. Rodriguez, email@example.com
8th grade Counselor: Ms. Rosado, firstname.lastname@example.org
8th grade Administrator: Mrs. Mitchell, email@example.com
Principal: Ms. Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-2022 School Supply List
RBSMS School Advisory Council (SAC)
We are looking for parents, business partners and community members to join our School Advisory Council (SAC). The SAC is a school-based group intended to represent the school, the community, and those persons closest to the students. The purpose of a SAC is to assist in the preparation and evaluation of the results of the school improvement plan and to assist the principal with the annual school budget. Interested parents may sign up in the cafeteria during the Meet the Teacher Day on August 5th or you may email April Luneack, RBSMS principal’s secretary, email@example.com
The RBSMS council meets eight times a year. Our meetings start at 3:30 pm last about an hour and are scheduled for the following dates:
- September 16, 2021
- October 21, 2021
- November 18, 2021
- January 20, 2022
- February 17, 2022
- March 17, 2022
- April 21, 2022
- May 19, 2022
6th grade Bulldog Boot Camp
WHEN: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 8:30 – 12:00 pm
WHO: incoming 6th graders
WHY: to learn about life on a Middle School campus
WHERE: on RBSMS campus
Registration is open until July 26th
6th Grade Meet the Teacher Day
Thursday, August 5th, 8:00 – 11:00 am
Teachers will be eagerly waiting to meet parents and 6th grade students and introduce themselves as well as share some general course information on August 5th from 8:00 – 11;00.. All 6th grade students and new 7th and 8th grade students are invited to go on a self-guided tour. Student schedules and a map of the campus will be available at the check in station located in front of the school.
Tdap Requirement - 7th Graders Only
• The Florida Department of Health requires that all students entering seventh grade must receive the Tdap vaccine, which protects against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough). ALL 7th grade students need to show proof of Tdap immunization before starting school.
• Please make sure to bring your child’s completed Florida Certificate of Immunization form or a waiver form to school before the first day. 7th graders will not be allowed to attend class on the first day of school (Aug 10) if the school does not have this form on file.
• Many students have already received the Tdap vaccine and simply need to supply proof of vaccine to the school. For those in need of vaccination, please contact your child’s pediatrician or the Florida Department of Health in Pasco County (provides free vaccines for children
• For more information about Health Department services, you can call (813) 780-0740.
Shot records can be dropped off at the front office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Student Registration
If you are a new student to Pasco County Schools, or new to our school zone, you will need to register with Raymond B. Stewart Middle School. If your student already attends elementary school in our zone, there is no need to register, the elementary school will tag your student to Raymond B. Stewart Middle School. To register with Raymond B. Stewart Middle School, please contact our school registrar, Cheryl Pelletier: email@example.com or call (813) 794 - 6500.
You may access all digital registration forms here: https://rbsms.pasco.k12.fl.us/school-information/
myStudent Parent Portal Account Set-up
To be able to access your students’ schedule and bus information on August 5th it is very important to create a Parent myStudent account. Here is a link to get started: CREATE A PARENT mySTUDENT ACCOUNT
Any parent/guardian of a student at RBSMS can set up your own online account to track your student's grades attendance. Here are the steps to set up a myStudent Parent Portal account:
- Navigate to the Pasco County Schools Website
- Select the PARENTS menu http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/parents
- Select Check Grades under the PARENT LINKS menu area located on the right side of the screen.
- Click the link to register a new account or add another student to your account.
- Follow the appropriate prompts for Registering, Add a Child or Password help.
- You will be required to enter the Parent PIN #, Student ID and Students' Birth date