25.0376 N, 76.4563 E
The Indus river
The Ganges river
- it forms the largest delta on earth where the Brahmaputra river and the Ganges river come together
- flows across the southern Tibet
- has endangered dolphins ( The Ganges river Dolphin)
- oil exploration poses a threat to the endangered dolphins
The Indus river
- the longest river in the world
- it lies between ranges and foothills of the Himalayas
- its the length of 2,000 miles
- rest in the semiarid areas of Pakistan
- Rivers- In South Asia rivers are a big part of the region they help with drinking water and transportation and house hold irrigations
- Forest- the forest provides food and helps with shelter ( wood and leaves) and in the forest theres soil and soil helps with planting
- natural gases
- forms a barrier of the plateau of the Tibet to the north and the alluvial pains of the indian subcontinent and then to the south
- The mountain system includes one of the highest mountain peaks in the world ( Mount Everest)
- the peaks rise in a high level of snow
South Asia is a Northern plain
- most regions have a diverse climate
- theres not a lot of rainfall
- subtropical areas
- semiarid and arid
- most of the regions are humid
LIFE AND CULTURE
- The median age for India is 25 years old.
-South Asia have a different live style. They live in plains that are suitable like to farming. An example is the Ganges plains with fertilized lands.
- 7/10 of the people live in small villages
-Metros: big cities that people move to from a poor state
- Some major cities in India are, Mumbai, Bengalore Kolkata, Hyderabad
ETHNIC AND LANGUAGE GROUPS
- the six religions are hinduism, Islam, buddhism, Jainism, Sulhism, and Christianity.
- an important instrument to the people is the Sitar string instrument.
- age/ gender play in important role for families and the type of work to do.
- elderly are always treated with respect
- arranged marriages are common
- meals inslude rice, legumes, flat breads, and curry. NO meat.
- South Asians can also make a living off of mining and fishing.
- cottage industries are very common they are indistries/ people that employ solo workers or people to come and work for their job.
- This regions is mostly known for its high tech technology. This is a good economy boost for the region. This also gives many job opportunities for many people.
- There are conflicts between India and Palistan (Muslim).
- India's two prime ministers were assassinated which cause even more problems.
- Sri Lanka, Buddhism, and Hidus all had a civil war. The was ended recently and created peace