The Viking View Families
To translate this newsletter please click on the image that looks like the one below or the small circle of the person on a phone.
From the desk of Principal Williams
Thank you so much for all you are doing to keep our school community safe. We know that these times are not easy but as a team, we can navigate this together and help create a special place for our students.
Here are a few reminders to help us through these times.
- If you are called to pick up your student that is exhibiting COVID symptoms come immediately to the school.
- Have a backup plan, if you are far away or working. Update your student's contacts with our office staff. Call (707)890-3945.
- Drop-off and Pick-up your student on time. Drop of your student between 7:30 am and 7:45 am at the cafeteria through the Blue Gate. 7:45am you can drop off your student at the Green Gate.
- Pick up your student promptly. KA or Kindergarten who do not attend after-school care need to be picked up at 1:06pm. 1-6 graders need to be picked up at 2:06pm.
- You can always arrive to pick up a little early and walking through the Green Gate to meet your student on the Blacktop.
- Do not park on the curb and exit your vehicle on Steele Lane.
- Make sure to give the School Buses priority.
- Check in with your student about how they are feeling and if they have any symptoms of COVID or are not feeling well please keep them home and call the office.
With much gratitude,
Acceptable COVID Tests
Weekly Asymptomatic Testing for SRCS Students (NEW!!!) - Click here for the info!
Important COVID reminders
Masks must be worn on campus. Please send your student in a mask, and if you are walking on school property you must wear a mask as well regardless if you are vaccinated. We will have extra masks if they forget or if theirs gets broken throughout the day. This is to keep all of our students and staff safe. Please send your student with a water bottle to limit touching high touch surfaces.
Please do not send your student to school if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
ParentSquare is super important for our school community. It is how we primarily communicate.
We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Log into ParentSquare today. If you are new to ParentSquare, click here for instructions (English/español). If you need more information visit this webpage from Santa Rosa City Schools.