March 9 - 13
Odds & Ends
- Congratulations to Kasey Norton on the birth of her son, Caleb!
- Thanks to everyone involved in planning such a fun and meaningful Read Across America week for our students!
- Our snow make-up days are April 6 and May 25.
- Kathy Baker and Chastity Griffin will serve on the district's SLO team. Their first meeting will be Tuesday.
- Thanks for completing the feedback survey for my Principal Induction Professional Development. If you need me to resend, please let me know. The last day is March 25.
- You'll be receiving an email shortly to complete the state teacher survey. It's basically the same as the one you've completed in the past.
4K - 2nd PD Opportunity - Held at MGES!
Upcoming Restaurant Knights
We will have one at Zaxby's on March 9th from 5-8pm. Share this information with your friends and family, too. We will get a percentage on any purchase made inside of the store. We will not get a percentage on drive-thru sales.
March 9 - Zaxby's - 5-8pm
March 25 - TCBY - 4-9pm
April 15 - TCBY - 4-9pm
Principal Induction Survey
As part of my first year principal training, I am required to undergo a 360 degree evaluation. While this is not part of my district evaluation, I will receive the results from the State Department and will use them for self-reflection and professional and personal growth. Within the week, you all will be getting an email asking for you to complete a survey about me. Please take time to complete honestly and thoughtfully. It is anonymous and all responses are held through a third party. Final results will be compiled for me to see. All surveys must be completed by March 25. Members of the district office will also be asked to complete a survey regarding my performance and leadership this year.
If you haven't received an email from Center for Creative Leadership by Friday, check your junk folder. Thank you so much for proving constructive feedback.
- Zaxby's Night Tonight - 5-8pm - Bring your family and friends! If you attend, Tuesday is a jean day!
- Moree @ Saluda Trail - 3:30pm - Recruitment Fair Planning Committee
- Drennon Faile (Ghent's class) will open the Board Work Session at 5:30pm
4th grade CBL students - 11:40 - 12:30 (lunch in media center before work at museum)
- Faculty Time - Thinking Out Loud
- PTA Meeting @ 5pm
- Late Start - Be sure to double check where you're going. India Hook and Old Pointe to host.
- Moree Budget Meeting @ DO - 2pm
- Grade Level PLC Minutes Due to Canvas
Reading Coach's Corner
If you think you might need or be interested in a running record "booster", shoot me an email. I'd be happy to set something up during PLC time or afterschool!
16 - Spirit Night McAlister's - Last Day for Boxtops
16 - Reception for Teachers' Choice Art Exhibit - 6-7pm
17 - 5th grade CBL students - 11:40 - 12:30 (lunch in media center then work at museum)
18 - RekenWHAT? Math Workshop held at MGES
21 - Family Health Fitness Day 2:00 - 4:30pm
25 - Spirit Night @ TCBY
30-31 - Spring Break
1-3 - Spring Break
6 - Snow Make-up Day
8 - Spring Pictures
11 - District Recruitment Fair @ Saluda Trail
11 - Battle of the Books @ Independence
15 - Spirit Night @ TCBY
16 - Family Art Night
23 - HealthSource Massages - PM
24 - Health Source Massages - AM
28 - ACT Writing and English
29 - ACT Reading
30 - ACT Math
31 - ACT Science (Third Grade Only)
25 - Snow Make-up Day