Avocado and White bean wrap
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas
- 346 calories
- 17 g fat (4 g sat, 9 g mono)
- 15 mg cholesterol
- 44 g carbohydrates
- 12 g protein
- 13 g fiber
- 462 mg sodium
- 491 mg potassium.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired
Why is this dish healthy?
This wrap contains avocado which is a supper food. Its a saturated fat; this type of fat helps you to manage your blood pressure, helps you to absorb vitamins, and lower your LDL cholesterol. White beans are a great source of molybdenum, white beans also fight against storage of energy as body fat, they contain antioxidants that help you to have wrinkle free skin and good health. All of the ingredients are wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla shell, whole wheat is made from refined flour to help you be protected from diseases. Wheat also help you to control your weight, are a good source of fiber.