Evergreen Middle School - May 6, 2022
Mark Your Calendars!
**School starts at 8:10 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday**
**Late start every Thursday at 9:10am**
- ASB Elections | May 12th
- National School Nurses Day | May 11th | Thank you Nurse Joyce & Nurse Paula for all you do!
- Jr. Lilac Parade | May 14th
- SVT STEM Camp | May 14th | Paperwork to attend is due by May 12th
- SBAC Testing | ELA | ALL GRADES | May 16th - 18th
- 4th Quarter progress reports available on Powerschool | May 17th
- Sr. Lilac Parade | May 21st
- SBAC Testing | Math | ALL GRADES | May 23rd - 25th
- Memorial Day | May 30th | No School
- 8th Grade Triple Play Registration opens | May 31st
- CVHS Football Camp for incoming 9th-12th graders | May 31st - June 17th
- Debate Tournament | June 1st
- SBAC Testing | 8th grade SCIENCE classes only | June 1st & 2nd
- Talent Show | June 2nd
- Scholars Night | June 8th | 6:30pm
- AVID Field Trip | June 9th
- Band Concert | June 9th | 7:00pm
- Orchestra concert | June 14th | 7:00pm
- Choir concert | June 15th | 7:00pm
- 8th grade End of the Year Celebration at Triple Play | June 16th
- Last day of school | June 17th | early release at 10:30am
- Quarter 4 grades available on Powerschool | June 20th
- Summer School | June 23rd - July 14th | North Pines Middle School
- CV Youth Football Camp (K - 8th grade) | July 11th - 13th
CV High School Football Camp
Summer Learning Academy -- space is still available!!
Is your student struggling with any of their academics this year? Could they use more practice to help close up some of the gaps created by pandemic learning challenges? CVSD is offering Summer School this year for middle school students. It is just 14 half days of review and skill building. This is completely free and comes with breakfast, lunch and even transportation if that is needed. Please see the flyer for more information. Use the link or QR code to sign up. We still have 50 spots as of Friday, April 22nd.
Register online at: http://tinyurl.com/4p5naev6
Info at: www.cvsd.org/summer/
Questions? Jana Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts at Evergreen Middle School
- Mike Syron, Principal: email@example.com | 558.3717
- Rachael Crooks, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3716
- Natalie Nootenboom, 6th/7th grade Counselor: email@example.com | 558.3710
- Anna Comella, 8th grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3711
- Heather Crooks, Head Secretary: email@example.com | 558.3701
- Marci Highley, Assistant Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3700
- Jessica Trejbal, Assistant Secretary/Registrar: email@example.com | 558.3702
- Joyce Wilson, School Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3708
- Paula Kircher, School Nurse: email@example.com | 558.3707
School office hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm
14221 E. 16th Ave. Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Main Office: 558.3700 Attendance line: 558.3706 Fax: 558.3705
Attention 7th & 8th grade Parents!
7th and 8th Grade Parents
The week of May 9th-13th, your 7th or 8th grade child is learning about the differences between sexual harassment and flirting. Second Step’s definition of sexual harassment is when someone bothers someone else with words, actions, or pictures of a sexual nature. This is one additional piece to our larger Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying prevention curriculum. It’s important that all students feel safe at school, and know how to report to a trusted adult.
Click here for our district policy regarding sexual harassment.
If you have any additional questions or are in need of support, please contact your child’s grade level school counselor or an administrator.
Natalie Nootenboom, 7th Grade
Anna Comella, 8th Grade