Welcome to the Libratory!
Osceola Magnet Library News
A New Vision for the Media Center
- SET to learn, we Show Respect, Engage Safely and Take Responsibility
- cooperate and collaborate
- develop 21st Century skills
- practice proper digital citizenship
- learn through hands-on activities
- take proper care of resources
- celebrate each other's accomplishments
- share ideas and ask questions
- encourage one another to do our best
3rd - 5th graders enjoyed the stories The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson and The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi. We also learned the Name Poem and made connections with our friends when we completed a name glyph. 5th graders also used their new Chromebooks for a couple of assignment within their 5th Grade Media Canvas course. I enjoyed viewing the Sways they created so we could get to know each other better.
Mrs. Kastner's class had lots of fun creating origami after listening to the story After the Fall by Dan Santat and Can I Be Your Dog? by Troy Cummings. They also used their computers to access an assignment in their Canvas course Rm. 902 Rocks.
K - 2nd graders enjoyed one of my favorite characters - Froggy! We read Froggy Goes to School, Froggy Learns to Swim, Froggy Gets a Doggy, and Froggy Builds a Treehouse - all by Johnathan London. K and 1st graders also enjoyed using play doh and getting to know each other using the rhyme Jack Be Nimble. Students ended the week with the story I Took My Frog to the Library by Eric A Kimmel.