Wessagusset Primary School
Weekly Newsletter - March 6, 2022
What's New At Wess:
- Tuesday, March 8th is a half-day. Students will be dismissed at 11:50.
Attached is the link for the Title One Building Readers Newsletter for March:
WPS is hosting an informational session on the new Chapman Middle School building and organization. Details can be found here: Chapman Info Night
- MCAS testing will be here before we know it! The dates for each grade are as follows:
Grades 3 and 5: ELA April 5 & 6, Math April 27 & 28
Grade 4: ELA April 11 & 13, Math May 3 & 4
Grade 5 only: Science May 24 & 25
- A Weymouth High School student is completing her Capstone Project on student athletes and mental health. If you could share your thoughts via this survey she would greatly appreciate your help! Athletes and Mental Health Survey
- ST Math March Mathness Challenge: This month the Weymouth Primary Schools are bringing back the ST Math “March Mathness” Challenge. During the month schools will be competing head to head with one another to see who can complete the most puzzles each week. Puzzles can be completed both in school and at home.
- Students in grades K, 1, 2 kicked off Read Across America by starting the Battle of the Books, organized by Mrs. Labriola. Teachers read different pairings of books to students. Students voted on the book they like best from each pairing. As the battle continues, books will be eliminated. At the end, one book will be crowned the winner. Look closely at the board (photo below) and you will see what book is in the lead for each pairing!
- Friendly reminder to share your photos for the yearbook! Photos can be uploaded here: Yearbook Photos
- Save the date! Parent Conferences will be held on April 13th and April 14th. Evening conferences on 4/13 will be held in-person from 5pm-8pm, and virtual appointments will be available on 4/14 from 12:25-3:25.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
100th Day of K
100 cups for 100 days of K!
These adorable artists made beautiful raccoon artwork!
5th Grade Scientists
Exciting experiments in 5th Grade!
Hands On Learning!
Communication and collaboration during a group project in 4L!
Shopping at the Decimal Mall!
4R applied their decimal skills to real life with a math mall!
Science and Smiles!
4th and 5th Graders worked together to learn about solids and liguids!
Wessagusset Elementary School
Follow us on Instagram! @wess_wildcats
COVID-19 Updates & Protocols
Masks: Effective Monday, February 28 masks will be optional in all Weymouth Public Schools, pre-K through Grade 12, for all staff, students and visitors, with the exception of while riding school transportation (per federal public health order). Any individual who chooses to continue to wear a mask in school, including those who are at a higher risk of contracting COVID, will be supported in that choice.
At-Home Testing Resources:
- Opt-In Form for students and staff
- WPS At-Home Testing Information & FAQs
- About the Test: iHealth is a 15-minute at-home rapid antigen test
- Video: How to Administer an At-Home COVID Test
- Text Guide: How Do I Administer an At-Home COVID test?
- Coming Soon! Submit Positive Test Results - This is where you'll report a positive test result from your school administered at-home weekly test.
If you or know of someone whose child will be 5 before September 1st of this year please have them register for the 2022-2023 kindergarten year. To begin the process please follow the link to the district's registration site here.
- District Calendar - School Committee approved holidays, vacations, tems and staff development
- Tech Support for Families - Submit a ticket for support. Reminder* be sure to update your child’s Chrome OS on the weekends, often and early!
- WPS Opportunities Resources - Family and community resources
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council - Meeting Dates
- Champions Before and After School Care - 781-812-8735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aspen Family Portal - Student Attendance, Contact Info & Communications or Locate Your Child's Report Card or Special Education Report
- Blackboard Communications - Opt In and Opt Out Instructions
- Town Wide Parent Council - Meets the Second Tuesday of Each Month
- Volunteer to Become a Parent/Guardian/Caregiver ELL Immigrant Liaison