SCHS Music Notes
October 28, 2019
Picture Day was a Success!!!
Although we did not take any individual/sectional pictures today, we are open to scheduling an additional time when our photographer can come back and do those. If you are interested in taking Individual or Group pictures, please respond with the form below.
Fall Concert: "A Salute to Service"
Ticket Sales will be available online via our ASB webstore. If you can pay online, please do so ASAP. Electronic payment in advance via the Webstore is preferred to cash at the door.
*Note: If you have not created a new account at the webstore this year, you will need to do so to purchase tickets online.
*** Complimentary Tickets must also be added to the cart to account for seating accommodations.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for the Fall Concert
Concert Day Itinerary for Students:
Dinner: 6:00pm ***Costco Pizza & Salad***
Pre-Concert Talk: 6:45 in music room
Concert Downbeat: 7:00pm
- No food or drinks are permitted in the PAC (excepting water in a sealable container).
- Do Not touch any curtains or equipment other than chairs/stands.
- When sitting in the audience, do not rest feet on chairs or stage edge. Do not climb over rails or seats.
- String Students: Do not apply Rosin inside the PAC. Please do so in the music room or outside.
- Winds: Be sure to use a cloth to catch your "condensation" if applicable.
Our Next Parent Meeting will be on Tuesday, November 12th!
Please make every effort to attend this meeting if you are helping out with either event.
Parent Meeting: Silent Auction & Barnes & Noble Volunteers
Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 7-8pm
2730 Gateway Road
Please RSVP if you are volunteering for either event so we can ensure enough seating!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
In other News:
Free Community Concert by the San Diego Symphony
Saturday, Nov. 9th, 3pm
840 K Street
San Diego, CA
The Fall Concert is next week but our next event is Just around the corner!
Be on the lookout for weekly featured auction items such as the items below between now and then!
The Music Department's Silent Auction is only 6 weeks away, whhooot whhooot!!! Are you ready?
Here's a preview of a few items that will be up for auction this year. If you see something in the weeks to come, please start saving those penny's (& dollars and get ready to bid). Here's just the start of all the fun things that will be offered this year:
1) GOLF EXPERIENCE: KBS Custom Shaft fitting, golf bag & towel, Gift Certificates for 2 @ Emerald Isle Golf Course, Foursome of golf/footgolf @ Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course & Much More... Package could be worth over $400.00 What would you bid on this for??? Put on your thinking cap...
2) TEEN EXPERIENCE: (1 of 2 Teen Packages) Gift Certificate to Dave & Busters, 2 Family Gaming Packs @ Invasion Laser Tag, Gift Certificates to Islands, Gift Certificates for Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt - Go Ahead get crazy with playing games - then eat lunch/dinner and get some dessert too! Package could be worth over $300.00... Got a Teen's Birthday around the corner? Might be a good way to celebrate....
3) RECORDING STUDIO PACKAGE: This is a BIG one!!! Recording Session with a mobile recording studio. Includes recording time, overdub & mixing, production onto multiple media options - Winner will keep ownership rights to recorded material *** Lots of details, too many to state*** This package is worth A LOT more than the donor is letting this go for! Got a budding Entertainer? Want to get serious about your Music??? This is your opportunity!!!
4) There will be smaller ticketed items similar to Gift Certificate to various Restaurants and local sites, Gourmet Food Baskets, smaller Spa Basket, etc. ranging from $15.00 - $75.00. Look for this smaller items for a fun and special gift for someone or to treat yourself!!!
Your Help Is Needed for our Silent Auction!
It may seem a ways off, but our Winter Concert and Silent Auction Event is just around the corner. It's not just an ordinary concert. Along with the songs of the season, you can count on a number of fantastic opportunities to win gift cards, items, services, and experiences via our Annual Silent Auction! These silent auction baskets are a great way to celebrate the holidays with you and yours, or you can give your winnings as a gift. However you choose to go about it, know that by supporting our Silent Auction, you are giving back to the music program and helping us to provide a quality music education to our fine students! So THANK YOU in advance!
Regardless of whether or not you can afford to bid on our baskets, there are other things you can do to help our cause!
- Donate Craft Beer for our Craft Beer baskets or 90+ point Wine (look for 5 cent wine sales) for our Wine basket. Heather Gertzki has a list somewhere with a list of all of the ones available at Trader Joe's for a good price. I will try to get that out to you soon.
- If you can, join Heather Gertzki and the wonderful members of the Silent Auction committee to help us put on a great show and fundraiser! If you are interested, please be sure to email her at email@example.com
- Even if you are unable to join our Silent Auction committee, or to donate something yourself, you can still be of GREAT Help by simply printing a few copies of the letter below and giving them to local businesses (asking for donated items and experiences for our Silent Auction). This is as simple as bringing them to your already planned family dinners and outings and offering them to establishment managers and owners.
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended)
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, student supervision, concessions, etc.)
- Joining the Music Guild (survey linked below)
- Attending Parent Meetings (see Google Calendars)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
* You will likely need to "register" your account, as our ASB is using new software this year.
Calendar Updates & Changes to Note:
- ADDED: SCHS MUSIC PICTURE DAY: Although I have not picked the actual date yet, I am looking into scheduling Picture Day in the 3rd Week of October. Please plan on needing your Concert Black Attire (as described in the syllabus) by that date. ***This does not apply to Instrumental Music students, as they are not a performing ensemble.
- ADDED (tentatively): Barnes & Noble 3rd day of Gift Wrapping Fundraiser (Friday, December 20th). This would be in addition to our two days that Saturday and Sunday.
- ADDED: Carols of Carlsbad: Saturday, December 7th (more details coming soon)