Senior Scholarship Update
March 4, 2022
Students interesting in the Military
The ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) will be given on Weds March 16th from 9am - 12pm in the Loft.
Sign up is in the counseling office, or you can send me an email. There is no cost to take the ASVAB. If you have questions, contact Principal Hofstad or Heidi Clairmont
Repeat: The ACT at GRHS on April 5th
Free Prep for ACT, SAT and ASVAB testing
REPEAT: Be at STEM ALL-STAR
The STEM All-Star Program is sponsored by the Range Engineering Council Board (REC). If you are selected as one of the top 2 students from GRHS, you will receive a STEM All-Star Jacket, a certificate and a chance to win a scholarship from the Range Engineering Council Board.
Deadline is Monday March 21 at 3pm
GRHS STUDENTS ONLY! Northland Stewards Scholarship Due March 15
- (1) $500 scholarship for a Grand Rapids High School graduating senior. Write a 500-1000 word essay on "How should the Great Lakes be governed?"
This is ONLY for GRHS Students, so I highly encourage you to apply!
Essay should be turned into Heidi Clairmont by email email@example.com
Upcoming March & April Deadlines:
Park State Bank Scholarship Deadline March 4
MN State Horticultural Society Scholarship Application Deadline is March 15
Qualified Hardware Scholarship for Dedicated Students Deadline: Mar 15
Northland Stewards Scholarship - Due March 15 -contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application
Monarch Healthcare Management Scholarship Application- Due March 30
Cirkled In Deadline March 31
Members Cooperative Credit Union Deadline: March 31
- Hibbing Community College Foundation Scholarships Deadline April 1
- Grand Rapids Public Utilities Scholarship: Deadline is April 20 Access Paper Copy of Application Here and Scholarship Guidelines
- Wabana Township Scholarship: Deadline April 22
Fill out paper application: Wabana Township Application
Short descriptions are also shown on the Senior Online Scholarship Opportunities Page
- FAFSA- Apply for federal grants, work-study, and loans with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form to determine your federal aid eligibility. After submission, you’ll receive your Student Aid Report.
- Going Merry has programs to help with the scholarship process: FAFSA tool: Helps you apply: https://app.goingmerry.com/sign-up#students and Scholarships: Apply for scholarships with the same essays at the same time. LINK HERE FOR GOING MERRY Scholarships
- Blandin Foundation Scholarships Deadline MAY 1
Students going to ICC can fill out the paper form here
If you aren't sure where you are going, you can fill out BOTH because it is 2 different pots of money!