Africa History Choice Board
By: Alex Park
Quiz... Do you really know Africa.
1) What is colonialism?
2) What is imperialism?
3) What is the reason Europeans first took an interest in Africa?
4) What is the Transatlantic Slave Trade?
5) What country started the Transatlantic Slave Trade?
6) What is the term used for European colonization of Africa.
7) What is the Berlin Conference, which countries were involved?
8) When was the Berlin Conference
9) What was the impact of the Berlin Conference?
10) What two African countries were not not colonized by Europeans?
Remembering the Apartheid
Answers to 10 Question Quiz
2) Extending a country's power/influence through diplomacy, or force.
4) A trade route between Africa, the New World, and Europe. Some traded items were, slaves, cash crops, animal furs, metals, and more.
6) Scramble for Africa
7) The Berlin Conference regulated the slave trade in Africa during the new imperialism period. Austria Hungary, Belgium, Denmark, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden-Norway, the United States, and the Ottoman Empire were involved.
9) Africa was divided into seperate countries.
10) Liberia and Ethiopia