Crew's News- Mrs. Copeland's Class
9/7/15 - 9/11/15
What Are We Up To?
- Writing - Learning to write stories with a beginning, middle, and end
- ELA - Retelling and summarizing by looking at the Beginning, Middle, and End
- Math -Place Value
- Social Studies - Discussing how our community has changed and how it will continue to change
- September 7 - Labor Day (No School)
- September 8 - Spirit Night: Chick-Fil-A at Cherry Rd.
- September 11 - PTA Movie Night
- September 14 - Spirit Night: Nishie G's at Mt. Gallant
- September 23 - Spirit Night: Zaxby's
Text reminder service: "Have you signed up for the PTA Text Message Service for School Event Updates??? If not, text @ihespta to 81010 and stay up to date on all that's going on"
See what PTA has planned! - http://ih.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/parents/pta/calendar.aspx
School Policy Reminders
- Meal Payment Procedure: Students in elementary and middle schools will be allowed to charge up to $10. When the student's balance reaches the threshold of $10, the student will be served an alternate meal. The alternate meal will consist of a sandwich, fruit (1/2 cup), and milk. The complete charge policy is included below.
School Lunch Charge Policy
- In an effort to prevent the spread of illnesses in school, Rock Hill School District follows DHEC guidelines. Please remember that children have to be fever free (without the use of Tylenol or Motrin) for 24 hours before returning to school. A fever is defined as a temperature greater than 100.4. Also, children must for free of vomiting and/or diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school. Thank you for your help in keeping all of the students at India Hook healthy.
- All transportation changes must be made via note or email. Please be sure to put your child's first and last name, your name, the date, your child's grade level and teacher's name when writing the note/email. All of this information is required when we send the note/email to the office. Please understand we are not allowed to make transportation changes via phone…this is a safety precaution.
- Absences: Please be conscious of how much school your child misses and remember that due to state law your child is only allowed 10 absences per year, 5 of which can be parent excused.
- All school districts in S. C. are now obligated to put their county's Sex Offender's Registry on the district's website. One can now go to the "Parent" link on our website and then open "Sex Offender's Registry" in the left menu. Rock Hill, as of today, has 233 people listed as sex offenders. http://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/parents.aspx
School Improvement Council
As we begin our year we are focused on how we can improve the health and wellness of all of our students. Our SIC goals will focus on fitness and healthy living. Would you like to be a part of this leadership group or do you know someone that would? Please nominate yourself or someone else that could help lead us as we build fitness trails, create fitness mentors for our students that need that, and explore the possibility of a community garden.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Email - LCopeland@rhmail.org
Voicemail - (803) 985-4042