MLK Parent Newsletter
November 8, 2020
Updates and Reminders
Here are the updates and reminders for the week: (Please read carefully there is a-lot of information).
- Grades TK/K-1 in person students: Monday, November 9 is the first day back. Please make sure to review the "special newsletter" that was sent on Friday to in-person students/parents. English Newsletter, click here. For Spanish Click Here. Make sure your child views the videos that are included below. Parents and Visitors are not allowed past the cafeteria doors. Thank you for your understanding. School starts at 8:00 a.m. and dismisses at 12:00 for Kindergarten and 12:10 for First Grade. Please arrive promptly. Thank You.
- TK/K-1 In person students, please have your child return to school with their work packet and the yellow COVID-19 screening guide form signed by you.
- No meals will be served at MLK for in person students. Please make sure your child eats breakfast before arriving at school. Students will be asked in class if they want a meal; if they say yes at the end of the day students will take home a grab and go meal pack that includes lunch for Monday and breakfast for Tuesday.
- Grades TK/K-1 Distance Learning: Please return your child's work packet to the office as soon as possible in order to give them attendance credit.
- Grade 2-3 Parents: This week there will be a special pick up for Grades 2 and 3 on Monday, November 9, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Keep in mind that in person students will be arriving; so we encourage you to avoid the drop off and pick up times as our parking lot will be congested. At that time we will give you a folder with your child's new teacher and a work packet for Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Students must complete the packet and return on Monday, November 16th to get attendance credit. Grade 2-3 In person students return Monday, November 16th.
- No school on Wednesday, November 11.
- Grades 4-6 Parents: Your folder pick up will be Tuesday, November 17th. This is where you will get your folder and information. Grade 4-6 in person students return November 30th.
- For this week's MVP we are looking for the characteristic of "Positive Attitude". If your child is selected as the week's MVP, the pick up of prizes is Wednesdays from 1:00-3:00 for distance learning students.
- Since we will have in-person students now; we are transitioning back to Friday School Spirit Days. On Fridays, encourage your child to dress in purple or MLK gear every FRIDAY to get points for their class.
- New meal distribution sites and dates (please see below).
- Parent Conferences: Our goal is to meet with 100% of our students' parents. Despite the many changes your child's teacher will be reaching out to you to schedule a parent conference via Zoom.
- Friday, November 13th is World Kindness Day. Encourage your child to write a thank you note to their teacher. They can drop off at the office, or send them a message on TEAMS or on Remind. Also, there is quick video at the bottom of this newsletter you can have your child watch.
RE-OPENING VIDEO FOR TK-1 (ENGLISH)
RE-OPENING VIDEO FOR TK-1 (SPANISH)
New Meal Distribution Times
Due to the Holiday next Wednesday November 11th, meal distribution will be offered at the JFK, and Woodrow locations on Tuesday and Thursday at 7:15am-8:45am and on Tuesday evening from 4:00pm-5:00pm at the Richmond location. MEALS WILL NO LONGER BE DISTRIBUTED AT MLK.
Starting the week of the 16th, meals will be available at the JFK and Woodrow sites from 1:30pm-2:45pm. Meals will continue to be offered at the Richmond location from 4:00pm-5:00pm.