May 6, 2022- Teacher Appreciation Week
Notes from Mrs. Bervert
Thanks for all of your assistance in spoiling our amazing team of teachers this week. Our year is quickly wrapping up and we have many exciting things planned for the last few weeks. Our Drama Club presented The Lion King Jr. and did an amazing job- Kudos to all of our actors and actresses and Mrs. Boyer and Mrs. Stuckenschmidt for presenting an amazing production.
A few other pieces of news:
- School Lunch Hero Day- Our lunch staff are amazing and our food is delicious! Happy Lunch Hero Day to our team in the cafeteria!
- Field Day- Coming to BES on 5/25- Details listed below! If you'd like to take your students home early please out the Google form below.
- Band and Orchestra- Band and Orchestra concerts are coming up on May 17th. Students last days of Band and Orchestra will be May 19th.
- Library Books- All Library books should be returned by Friday, May 13th.
- Last Day of School Assembly- We will celebrate 4th quarter key representative, 6th grade Tech Team members and students that completed the William Allen White challenge at 9:30 on May 26th on the primary playground. Bring your lawnchair and come celebrate with us!
Have an amazing weekend!
BES and Shawnee Heights Happenings
Cafeteria Menus and Sandwich of the Day Schedule
Upcoming Events in the Media Center
A. Summer Send OffWe will have our annual summer send off which is an event hosted by Mrs. Baker and Mrs. Boyer. Each student will get to pick out a book and take it home. We would love to have parent volunteers to support this event and interested parents should email Mrs. Baker (email@example.com).
Summer Send Off Times Per Grade Level
- 5/16- AM Preschool Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/16- 4th Grade Summer Send Off at 12:30
- 5/16- PM Preschool Summer Send Off at 3:00
- 5/17- Kindergarten Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/17- 6th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/18- 1st Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/18- 5th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/19-3rd Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/19- 2nd Grade Summer Send Off at 1:00
B. William Allen White Reading Contest Awards Banquet- This will be held on May 20 at lunchtime. This celebration honors our students that read all of the William Allen White novels.
C. Summer Send Off Book Fair Family Night- Families are invited to shop our Summer Send Off books on 5/19 from 4:30-7.
Upcoming Dates- 4th Quarter
- 5/9- District Elementary Track Meet at 6 pm for Intramurals (SHHS)
- 5/10- Rescheduled Field Trip for Second Grade from 12:30-2:30
- 5/10- PTO at 6 pm
- 5/11- School Nurse Day
- 5/16- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/17- Grades 5/6 Orchestra Concert at 6:15 (SHHS Auditorium)
- 5/17-Grades 5/6 Orchestra Concert at 7:30 pm (SHHS South Gym)
- 5/18- 3rd Grade Field Trip to Ritchie House and Capitol
- 5/18- Mrs. Hahn's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/19- Mrs. Berry's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/20- Mrs. Gauntt's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/23- 6th Grade visit to SHMS in AM/ 6th Grade celebration in PM
- 5/25- Field Day
- 5/26- Last Day of School at Berryton- Assembly at 9:30 AM on primary playground
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.