Tech Tip Thursday
Using QR Codes in the Classroom to Enhance Learning
What is a QR Code?
Quick Response Codes, or QR Codes, are one-of-a-kind images that, when scanned by a QR reader, take you directly to an online resource. QR codes have been used for years, and teachers around the world are coming up with new and creative ways to use them in their classrooms.
- Add a QR code to a math assignment that links to a YouTube (or Khan Academy) video showing how to work a similar problem.
- Add a QR code to a worksheet.
- Offer extra practice for early finishers.
- Make a classroom or hallway display interactive by adding a QR code.
- Make a video or audio recording of students reviewing a book.
- Add a QR code to provide support to struggling readers
- Post a QR code in your classroom that links to a Google Form students fill out to sign up to schedule a conference meeting, retake a test, assessment reflection...the possibilities are endless.
Use Your iPad Camera or Smartphone as a QR Code Reader!
Open the Camera app either from the lock screen or tapping on the icon from your home screen.
Hold your device steady for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan.
Click on the notification to open the content of the QR Code.