The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of October 19, 2015
What can we learn by sharing stories from our lives & the lives of others?
School Initiative Team Meetings
Wednesday, Oct. 21st, 3-4pm
- New LBD Scope & Sequence
- Read Aloud Planning
- Don't Kick Them Out, Part 1 - Stop by the Curriculum Corner at wordpress.com to review our questions!
Friday, Oct. 23rd, 8:30am-2:30pm
- Check your email from Mrs. Sheridan for the day's schedule.
The Curriculum Corner: Danielson's Framework for Teaching (FFT)
Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Improving Professional Practice is the basis for our current evaluation tool, and throughout the upcoming weeks we will be delving into the various components of the FFT (Framework for Teaching). No matter which of the 4 Domains you may be focused on (Planning & Preparation, The Classroom Environment, Instruction, and Professional Responsibilities), there are common themes that run throughout the framework, including: cultural responsiveness, high expectations for learning, developmental appropriateness, accommodating individual needs, and (most-importantly) the development of student-centered routines throughout the curriculum. Remember that our goal in working with the FFT is to improve student learning through collaboration, coaching, and specific feedback from administrators.
The STEAM Team!
Our Hollybush STARS getting their hands dirty!
Words to Inspire
ESL Literacy & Language
Mrs. Fall supporting our new Bilingual 1-2 classroom!
News & Notes
- We will be doing bus evacuation drills on Monday morning. This will take place as students exit the bus in the AM, and shouldn't impact our instructional day.
- Stay tuned for some updates on how we will be evaluating "Domain 4."
- Our first Bulldog Buddies "Universal Reward" will be a Disco Party & will take place on Friday, November 20th. Stay tuned for details...and keep it a secret! We want to surprise the kiddos!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Mrs. Service for “holding down the fort” on Tuesday!
- EVERYONE – for your hard work and commitment to our students!
- Thank you Chris for all your help and continued support! You are amazing!
- D-Fan you are INCREDIBLE!
- Donna....our first grade mama! Thanks for always looking out for your family.
- Pud....you're my rock!!!
- To the entire bullock family for being so amazing at what you do!
- Thank you Marcy for copying my Math tests!!!!
- Marian for setting up the Dental Assembly.
- All the ghosts for being spicing up Bullock!
- To Steve: Thank you so much for your help this week with my groups!
- To Steph: You’re such an amazingly awesome and caring teacher!
- 10/08 - Faculty Meeting (2:45 PM, Media Center)
- 10/14 - Bulldog Buddies Meeting (2:45 PM, Demo Room)
- 10/15 - CAST Meetings
- 10/15 - Comprehension Through Conversation PLC (3:00 PM, Media Center)
- 10/21 - Administrative Learning Walk
- 10/22 - PTO Meeting (6:30 PM, Bowe School)
- 10/21 - Leadership Team Meetings (2:45, Demo Room)
- 10/29 - Comprehension Through Conversation PLC (3:00 PM, Media Center)