The Graham School News O'Graham
- Wed. Nov. 17 at 6:00pm - Virtual Enrollment Information Session
- Fri. Nov. 19 - 7:00-10:00pm - Fall Dance
- Mon. Nov. 22 - Tues. Nov. 23 - No School - PD Days
- Tues. Nov. 23 - Free Produce Drive Thru at TCS@ODU
- Wed. Nov. 24 - Fri. Nov. 26 - No School - Thanksgiving Break
- Tues. Nov. 30 - GivingTuesday! Click here to support TGS!
- Fri. Dec. 3 - No School - Front Office Closed
- Thurs. Dec. 9 at 3:00 p.m. - Donuts with the Deans at the Hilltop Branch; 3658 Soldano Boulevard
- Fri. Dec. 10 at 3:00 p.m. - Donuts with the Deans at the Karl Road Branch ; 5590 Karl Road
Haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) a la derecha para ver esto en español.
We are excited to host a fall dance for our students! The dance will be held on Friday, November 19 from 7:00-10:00 p.m. at the Whetstone Indoor Shelter House; 3901 North High Street. The cost is $15 per ticket.
Please review the following:
- Tickets will be sold the week of the dance - beginning November 15.
- COVID protocols, including masking, will be in place at the dance.
- ONLY TGS students may attend - guests who do not attend The Graham School will not be permitted entry.
- Students who have or have had disciplinary issues may be excluded from the dance at the discretion of TGS administration.
- The parents/guardians of students who have disciplinary issues at the dance will be called and asked to pick their student up.
- Please keep an eye out for a permission form that must be signed by a parent/guardian in order for students to attend the dance. Thank you!
Have you completed the Tech Needs Survey?
Have you turned in your family's free and reduced lunch application?
It is essential for every family to complete the Free/Reduced Lunch application every year. This information directly affects school funding and resources.
Click here to print the application. After you complete the application it can be mailed or scanned, OR dropped off at the front desk. Front Office hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30am-4:00pm.
AFTER-SCHOOL PICKUP REMINDER
- Students are to be picked up NO LATER THAN 4:00. We can not guarantee staff supervision after 4:00. Thank you!
- Do NOT park in the parking lot of FunTrail, our neighbors to the north. The additional traffic is interfering with their business.
- Try parking on Glenmont Avenue! Your students can cross Indianola Avenue safely at the traffic light and meet you at your car- avoiding the pickup line and the crowd in the TGS parking lot.
- Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes AFTER dismissal so that the pick-up lot can clear out before you arrive. Students are welcome to sit up front on the benches while they wait for your arrival.
- In the meantime, we thank you for your patience as we do our best to expedite traffic and more importantly, maintain the safety of students and staff in the parking lot after school.
Ohio's State Testing - Dec. 9 - 10
The Graham School will be OST testing on December 9th (Biology and American Government) and 10th (Algebra 1, US History, and Information Technology). Testing will begin at 8:00 am, and all students need to report to school both days. Busses will arrive for an Early Release at 12:30pm!
Information Technology Classes Work with Sphero
Students in Information Technology have been able to complete several lab practicals during class this semester. They have gotten to complete computer programming to both create and measure a variety of shapes plus use their creativity to make obstacle courses that they have to drive their sphero through.
Don't Miss Virtual Family Crew - Tues. Nov. 16 at 6:00pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Crew is a core practice at The Graham School that is essential to bringing our community together by allowing for relationship building, promoting shared understandings through equity and inclusion, and building positive connections with peers. Crew is also a vehicle for developing and supporting students socially, emotionally and academically. During these challenging times, Crew is perhaps more important than it has ever been for our community. Last year we expanded Crew work to include Family Crew, with intent to engage and connect our families through our culture of Crew.
This year we are hosting monthly Family Crew sessions to engage and connect with our families. Each Family Crew session will have a specific focus related to the work we do at The Graham School, such as Crew, Mindfulness, Restorative Practices, Social-Emotional Learning, etc. The format of the meetings will be determined each month as we keep an eye on the evolving COVID situation in Franklin County and continue to prioritize the safety of students, families, and staff.
Save the Date to Support TGS on GivingTuesday - Tues. Nov. 30
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of radical generosity to transform communities and the world. When you give to The Graham School on November 30 you will be joining people around the world to come together to thank, help, give, show kindness, and share what they have with those in need.
Click here to donate securely on November 30, 2021. Any size gift will make a difference! Thank you for your generosity!
Free Produce Drive Thru at The Charles School at Ohio Dominican University - 1270 Brentell Ave. Columbus 43219
Donuts with the Deans
Please join us for a friendly meet & greet and informal conversation about all things Graham! We will meet in the Meeting Rooms of local Columbus Metropolitan Library branches. If transportation is a concern, we can help with that! Please reach out to the deans or to email@example.com for more information. We hope to see you there!
- Thursday, December 9: 3:00 p.m. at the Hilltop Branch; 3658 Soldano Boulevard
- Friday, December 10: 3:00 p.m. at the Karl Road Branch; 5590 Karl Road
Want to keep in the loop? Sign up for REMIND!
“Remind is a safe, free way for teachers to text message students and keep in touch with parents.” - Remind website. The teachers & staff at TGS use Remind to update students and parents about school closings, due dates, homework assignments, assessments, school events, and ways to be as successful as possible.
To sign-up for a class simply text the handle for the class (@_____________) to the number 81010. Click here for the class list
Alternatively, you can download the Remind app and use the class handle to join the text group.
Do you know someone interested in attending The Graham School next school year?
When you shop at Kroger and/or Amazon you can help TGS raise money for class supplies!
Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com or call 1-800-837-4483 to enroll in the program. Add Graham to your card. You can search for Graham by name or use our school code: IE209, Shop! Every time you shop and use your Kroger Rewards Card Graham gets rebates. Kroger totals those rebates and sends Graham a check.
Amazon Smile gives to The Graham School!
When you make a purchase on Amazon Smile they will now donate 0.5% of your total purchase to The Graham School. Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1713840 to get started!
Our partnership with EL Education empowers our teachers to unleash the potential of their students. EL Education is built on ten design principles that reflect the educational values and beliefs of Kurt Hahn, founder of Outward Bound and EL Education. These principles also reflect the design's connection to other related thinking about teaching, learning , and the culture of schools. The Graham School's habits of learning have grown out of the design principles: Self-Direction, Perseverance, Teamwork & Collaboration, Service & Stewardship, and Adventure & Risk.
TGS is a School-wide Title 1 program, enabling us to receive Federal Funds to ensure that our students receive the support they need to reach and exceed grade level goals in reading and math. We welcome parent involvement in planning, review and improvement of Title 1 programs including the family engagement policy and the schoolwide program plan. Please contact Debbie Addison at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION
Per House Bill 21 community schools are now required to perform a monthly review of student files and randomly select families for residency verification. Please be sure to contact the school immediately in case of an address change. Proof of residency must be submitted within two weeks of an address change. If evidence is not provided, requests for additional documentation or a home visit may occur.