Digital Instrument Screenings
5th Grade Band Sign-Up Information and Updates #2
STOP! Read me First!
If you have any questions about these forms, please email Mr. Ousey. If you are unsure if you have completed the forms, feel free to complete them again!
Next Step: Digital Instrument Screenings
When are the screenings?
- July 14-18, 2020
- Multiple time slots available
How long is the screening process?
- The entire process will take about 20-30 minutes once everyone is logged on and set
What platform will be used?
- We are going to use Zoom for the screenings
- A specific link with instructions will be sent directly to you after signing up for a time slot
Who needs to be present?
- Your band student
- At least one parent/guardian
What should we expect in the screening?
- We will ask the students questions, and take them through some basic music and coordination tests
- Students who are interested in percussion will also go through some additional tests with Mr. Kosterman
- Using all of this information, plus physical features and the pre-selection survey, we will help your child pick their top 3 choices
What happens after the screening?
- The band staff will go through all of the students who screened and pick their instrument
- On Thursday, July 23rd, we will send you the final instrument choice and instructions on what to do next
Are you ready to sign up for a screening? Then click below!
In the meantime, please take a moment to make sure you have downloaded or installed the Zoom platform on your computer and that you have a working camera and microphone.
For more information, please visit the Zoom website at https://zoom.us/