NHS Band & Guard
The 'In-Between" Is Here...
... but not for long!
We didn't want to leave you too long without an email... so, here's something to "tide you over" until we can provide you with nearly hourly updates once more. Soon enough, my friends. For a more thorough fix, please read the notes from our April 11 parent meeting and Board Elections (attached to this email).
- Wed, 4/25: SCRIP Orders due via PrestoPay or via the Blue Band Box. It has something for everyone….gift cards for clothes, sporting goods, pharmacies, gas cards, movies, restaurants, flowers, groceries, fast food, etc. Starbucks, AMC, and more. Chili's is at 16% rebate right now! If you are spending the money anyway….why not help yourself out at the same time. Different vendors offer different percentages. If you have never checked out Scrip.com before, go on line and check it out... You will be amazed at how fast the credits add up! With all the parties and celebrations coming up, gift cards are always a welcome gift... place your order today!
- Thurs, 4/26 - Sun, 4/29: The NHS Music Department takes Toronto. 'Nuff said.
- Mon, 4/30: Texas Roadhouse Fundraiser - Eat great food and raise money for the band! More on this soon...
- Wed, May 2 @ 6:00 pm: Winter Percussion Banquet ('cause you know that MAC Champions like to eat!)
- Mon, 5/7: NHSBPC Parent & Mattress Sale Planning Meeting (time TBD)
- Sat, 6/2 @ Old Caf: The Annual Band Mattress Sale (time TBD) - It's not at all creepy, and EVERYONE needs a mattress! Earn Band credits by encouraging friends and family to check out phenomenal products in the Old Caf, which will be magically transformed into a mattress showroom... reasonable prices, great products. Win win. And yes, there will be a bake sale (Ahem, Dan Krauss).
- Sat, 6/2 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm @ Old Caf: I Scream for Jazz - Blue and Gold Jazz Bands provide a smooth and fabulous evening of informal musical entertainment. No, the mattresses will not still be there. There will, however, be ice cream...
- Mon, 6/4: Fall Band & Guard Orientation! Be there or miss all the cool details about the show, summer practices, band camp (scheduled for 8/13-25), and how Ricky and Kurt will top themselves this year... I heard something about ladders...
To all who were involved in our winter programs, congratulations; to all of you who are anxiously awaiting what comes next... See you all VERY soon!
Have a Question?
There's always an answer... Feel free to reach out to a NHSBPC board member directly.
- Michele Buzzi, Acting President: 203-417-8948 (c)
- D.J. Ledina, Vice President: 203-240-6966 (c)
- Lisa Keeping, Treasurer: 203-417-7047 (c)
- Joanie Minor, Recording Secretary: 203-536-2151 (c)
- Pia Ledina, Corresponding Secretary: 203-313-4361 (c)